Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When bike gets hot 1200 gl . Starter seems to get stuck.Would a rebuild (cleaning)

possibly fix this .I have asked this question earllier but wasent sure it was starter

but now i am 90 % percent sure it is the starter.I also went with seafoam dosent seem to change much. Also found a tread on here on how to rebuild starter but was for an 1100 is it the same .Or somewhat the same. THANKS IN ADVANCE

:?:?:?:?

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

The 1100 and 1200 starter are pretty much the same, different but close. If it isn't working when hot then a rebuild will probably fix it. Seafoam is good stuff but it won't fix a starter.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

Hey Shadowace...welcome!

Please check out the starter rebuild thread (it's a sticky up top) in the reference/FAQ forum. Betcha a good cleaning as per Tim's guide will fix your wing right up! (worked wonders on mine)

Dave

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

ooops...see you found the thread!

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

just cleaning up the brush area and changing out the brushes will make a huge improvement,did for me

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

is there a place u would recomend or just as good to order a set of brushes from dealer? What do u think their worth ballpark ? And thanks to everyone again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.