Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

But, man, I've had a lot of them! Beautiful summer days in the sun and rain and wind and laughter and joy....mountains and prairies and seashores.... I can only thank my lucky stars that I learned in Vietnam, learned it early, that summers were precious, and not to be squandered. I never spent a summer since my return doing anything that didn't add to the quality of my life. Seize the moment, children, they are all precious, all....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Hey those round Bales are illegal in Arizona....Reason......Cows can't get a square meal..Yuk Yuk Yuk.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Lawdy, lawdy CJ... iffin' ever I get to meet you I'll be wantin' to have your good fortune rub off on me.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

You're so right man life is definetly for the living and you have to live

it. As my wife always says don't ever take life too seriously as you'll

never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Nice thing about AZ the good weather is just starting until May..Time now for the rides to the mountains.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

CJ, you are making me wonder if getting ready to move to N.E. Oklahoma right now is a good thing? :badgrin:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
CJ, you are making me wonder if getting ready to move to N.E. Oklahoma right now is a good thing? :badgrin:
Ahhhh, no offense, but moving to Oklahoma anytime is generally not a good thing! However, the N.E. of Oklahoma is about as good as it can get....in Oklahoma that is.......

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Ahhhh, no offense, but moving to Oklahoma anytime is generally not a good thing! However, the N.E. of Oklahoma is about as good as it can get....in Oklahoma that is.......
Agreed!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Ellensburg is a great place. Went to College there after I retired from the Army. Kitna was the QB there. then Lived in yakima for about ten years over the decades. Nice country and great rides. Chinook and going over through The Leavenworth area were some of my Favorites.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Ellensburg is a great place. Went to College there after I retired from the Army. Kitna was the QB there. then Lived in yakima for about ten years over the decades. Nice country and great rides. Chinook and going over through The Leavenworth area were some of my Favorites.
You betcha! I stopped for gas here in 1974, and never got out of town.....literal truth! Our favorite day ride is the Yakima River Canyon, Highway 12 (White Pass), Highway 123 (Cayuse Pass), and home again over Highway 410 (Chinook Pass). Ceasefire, have you ever done the Bickleton- Mabton Highway to Goldendale, then down to the river, up the Klickitat, and home over Satus Pass, Hwy 97?

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
But, man, I've had a lot of them! Beautiful summer days in the sun and rain and wind and laughter and joy....mountains and prairies and seashores.... I can only thank my lucky stars that I learned in Vietnam, learned it early, that summers were precious, and not to be squandered. I never spent a summer since my return doing anything that didn't add to the quality of my life. Seize the moment, children, they are all precious, all....
It must be nice to be young and foolish, never worrying about tomorrow, just live for today and the heck with tomorrow. I use to be like that, young and foolish, but now I areall growed up and are smart, ha ha ha. Have a great day, young fellow!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

My son is stationed in the U.S.A.F., Fairchild A.F.B. Spokane and just hit the 18 year mark. Summer is just about over for him too. I moved from Spokane to Ocala, Florida and I ride year around. I kid him about it a lot. I'm 74 years old and that's too old to wait 5 to 6 months to go riding again.
Back then it was working on my snowmobile every evening so I could ride on the weekends. lol
Oh well...back to my polishing job.

Harold

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
ceasefire49 wrote:
You betcha! I stopped for gas here in 1974, and never got out of town.....literal truth! Our favorite day ride is the Yakima River Canyon, Highway 12 (White Pass), Highway 123 (Cayuse Pass), and home again over Highway 410 (Chinook Pass). Ceasefire, have you ever done the Bickleton- Mabton Highway to Goldendale, then down to the river, up the Klickitat, and home over Satus Pass, Hwy 97?
Yep..Made the trip more then a few times..used to have my Home of Record in bend so I would take that some time the the other was going down the Wa side of the Columbia from the Sam Hill Museum over to the Mt Hood Loop did it all on a 75 suzuki 750 water Buffalo I got for 500 bucks from a guy that thought the engine was toasted. It was the Carbs. That trip up through the Okanogan is nice also. Good trip is during the Calgary Stampede lots of like minded Riders:waving: up there for that. Hell I even took and old elsinore over the shoe string once with a 4 wheel drive club. That was interesting.

Worked for the SunKings when they first came to town and did a lot of business with that Pizza place there(college hangout) and my office was next to Dean Nicholsons. still good friends with him and his wife Shar.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

FREESPIRIT wrote:
You're so right man life is definetly for the living and you have to live

it. As my wife always says don't ever take life too seriously as you'll

never get out of it alive.
Funny My dad used to say nobody has ever made it off the place alive..Then he would add..Well a few have but we are not from the same gene pool.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Summers go fast, that is for sure.

Hopefully the weather will be nice for the Oyster Run on the 25th of Sept. I am also going to make a run to Glacier in October, weather permitting of course.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Should be okay to Glacier in early October just some cold nights You heading over the LoLo or taking 90? Where is the Oyster Run? Oysterville/Ocean park?

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Tell you guys about another Nice ride up in your neck of the woods For Cuz..if you head over white pass head to long view cut across the lewis and clark Bridge head to scappoose take the Scap/Vern hiway across the mountains..Then you can head to Astoria the back way on 47 or head through Vernonia take the Timber route and head to the coast on 26 drops you out at Seaside If you go to Astoria you just head down 101 lots of interesting stuff to see and great drive going around Neakanie Mountain right on the coast.Good Camp Grounds Oregon has some of the best.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Should be okay to Glacier in early October just some cold nights You heading over the LoLo or taking 90? Where is the Oyster Run? Oysterville/Ocean park?
90 up and LoLo back.... or vice versa. Depends on the conditions. Solo so I can adapt as I need to. Oct. 7 - 12th. I would entertain a few others who would enjoy a fall ride.

Anacortes, WA. I posted information about the "biggest one day rally" in the rides section.

Larry

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Tell you guys about another Nice ride up in your neck of the woods For Cuz..if you head over white pass head to long view cut across the lewis and clark Bridge head to scappoose take the Scap/Vern hiway across the mountains..Then you can head to Astoria the back way on 47 or head through Vernonia take the Timber route and head to the coast on 26 drops you out at Seaside If you go to Astoria you just head down 101 lots of interesting stuff to see and great drive going around Neakanie Mountain right on the coast.Good Camp Grounds Oregon has some of the best.
I did portions of this on my way back from the Crater Lake gathering in August. Great ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.