Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

As I eluded to in another post, I too I'm in the process of building a trailer but due to my financial situation, I have ended up leaning on others for help. A neighbor, who also into Bikes ( has a custom Virago) turns out to be a welder and we were talking on day a couple of months ago and I told him about the HF frame and he said show me a plan of the frame you want and he'll see what he can do. Two days later he drops off a completed frame in my yard. I went over to try and give him something for it but he said all he wants is to see it behind Baby. So now I need to get a suspension for it, so I place an add for an axle for some bling. And to my great surprise wonderful gent (Wayne) (Put-Put) who lives nearby responded and said he would like the lights & bar for his 83 aspy. We get together and discuss what I need ( he is also a welder that make hydraulic dump trailers). Any way he takes my frame away and after a few weeks, I have a rolling trailer with lights & all. I supplied some of the lights & the coupler but Wayne supplied everything else out of his stock. This man is an angel. He wants to help me fix up Baby as well by welding up the exhaust and a few other things. This just goes to shoe that there are still a few of us out there that would give the shirts off our backs to help anther in a time of need. I just wanted to let you all know that I found me an angel. Angela

Attachments

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Another pic

Attachments

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

And another

Attachments

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Last but not least. When I get the box fitted and painted will post more. The metal pieces seen near the front of trailer are for mounting the Colman cooler and the cargo box. May look heavy but only has 20# on the tongue. The axle is a drop unit using Dodge Mini van rear hub and a pair of Ford 13"ers. Oh yeh and 2 25" leafs. Rides and pulls like a dream. A little bounce on more pronounced bumps but that is ok for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Angela, only your first pic is posting up.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
That's wierd Micheal as I get the last 3 but not the first.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

zimmerleemark wrote:
i see the 1st. but not the rest:D

mark:waving:nice frame tho.
I just scrolled up and have all four now. There sure is sumpin wierd here today.:?:?:shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Every bodies trailer looks so good. Mine looks like some hobo hobbled it together. I gotta work on mine this weekend. I'm getting embarrassed to even show it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
That's wierd Micheal as I get the last 3 but not the first.
The problem is the location of the last 3 pictures. You pointed to them on a different forum. Once logged into that forum, they show up here too, that's why you are seeing them but others aren't. :) Just upload them from your computer to your posts here like you did the first oneand they will show to everyone, or put them inthe forum photo galleryand link them.

John

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Or get a Photobucket account and host them there so you can link to them from any forum.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Ok I hope that fixed the problem. I do have a PB account but I have never had any problems with the "Browse Button" but as mentioned I tried to be clever and c&p'd them from elsewhere. Learn sumpin everyday. oops!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

That is wonderful that so many can and will help others! We belong to a great forum and find friends everyday. You trailer looks great too! Now I want to build one for "Raymond".

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Looks great!! I'd tidy up the wiring hanging down from the lights though. Try running about 15 lbs of air in the tires once you get it finished and still empty to see if it still bounces. I'd put a tongue jack on it also. I'll got get some pics of the one my brother welded up for me.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

You lucky dog!! Nice work on the trailer, your pals are good at what they do! Mine is sorta ugly, but it cost me less than $200 bucks! The junked out trailer supplied the axle and suspension,and the steel was cut up and used for the frame. I cut the axle down 11" and started practicing stick welding, as I hadn't done it in many years. My welds look a little bumpy, but a grinder can fix that! Again, I like the simple strong frame you guys came up with. Looks pro. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

that's pretty cool trailer.

It'd be nice to have the same fenders and lights as the rear of your bike but you can't have everything.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Roach wrote:

It'd be nice to have the same fenders and lights as the rear of your bike but you can't have everything.
Those fender on the Voyager are $1600.00us for the pair. Roach I think as this whole thing has cost me less than 250 in bling that had bought for Baby, I think I'll stick with the homemade fenders for now.:D:D:D

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Looks great!! I'd tidy up the wiring hanging down from the lights though. Try running about 15 lbs of air in the tires once you get it finished and still empty to see if it still bounces. I'd put a tongue jack on it also. I'll got get some pics of the one my brother welded up for me.
Michael, as I am supposed to be building this:D:D, Put Put hooked up the lights just minutes before we brought the trailer back to my place. I do have a tongue support and the wiring will be nicely hidden when I am done. I still have to get the line-x on the inside of the carrier to stiffen it up then measure & drill for mounting and paint the carrier. And install. More pics to follow.:clapper::clapper::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Can't wait to see the finished product. I know it'll be something you'll be proud of.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Roach wrote:

Those fender on the Voyager are $1600.00us for the pair.  Roach I think as this whole thing has cost me less than 250 in bling that had bought for Baby, I think I'll stick with the homemade fenders for now.:D:D:D
Yeah, when you put it that way, those are some damn nice fenders you got on that trailer!!! :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.