Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

39981 - 40000 of 41673 Posts

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
I've had a lot of friends that have had it do.. If it was me I'd do both knees at the same time.. Of my friends that did they seam to come out better... Age is another thing, the darn replacements only last so long

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
What would you do if you had that problem ??

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
I think that is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
It's like my wife's heart pig valve they don't last forever.. Worries me....... She'll probable have to go back for seconds........

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
Is the other option to die and go look for your 72 virgins

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
I didn't know they use pig's valve's.
Is that everywhere or only in USA ??

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
You can get bovine values or pig values.. Bovine values are a little bigger but tougher for the doctor to work with where pig values are more supply and easier to work with.. These values are very small, about the size of a fingernail.. I my wife's case she was #10 at this hospital for this type of value replacement.. They didn't crack her chest.. A small 2 inch insurgent in her chest and a 1 inch cut in her groin.. They opened the aorta from the top take out the old value and put the pig value in through the vain in the groin and somehow sewed it in......... This is how Jimmy Dean sausage come on the market, from pigs raised for values..... Now I'm told they can do the whole operation going through a vain in the wrist......

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
Ain't it wonderful what they can do nowadays ??

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
Yes it is but only a few people are in good enough shape have that procedure.. Can't have any Cholesterol or plaque build up in the arteries

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
It's called the zipper club and they crack you open

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
But if they can save your life that way,
what would you do ??

·
Premium Member
37,286 Posts
My vanity left me 10 years ago when i got the scar from my belly button down into the never regions, so a zipper scar wouldn't bother me. In fact between the two scar's my whole front would look like a big zipper, kinda cool I think

·
Premium Member
56,427 Posts
It could be like a railroad crossing, Grand Central station

39981 - 40000 of 41673 Posts