Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

43061 - 43078 of 43078 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,959 Posts
Joe Smow is a term used to describe someone you don't know, doubt there is actually someone with that name.

·
Premium Member
64,363 Posts
You mean like John Doe ??

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
From the old days the used car dealers that came into the restaurant would go buy car at the auction wash them and put them on the lot, the new car dealers that got them in on trade would check them out and the bad ones went to auction.. Buying from a person you have to look close at the car and the people selling......Hard to tell which is better...

·
Premium Member
64,363 Posts
I don't buy a car from a stranger. I go to my garage than I know what I am buying.
And I get good guarantee.

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
I've only bought one used car, my 04 SSR truck, it only had 30k miles on it and I'm the third owner.. The truck was 14 years old and each of the 2 owners only put 15k miles on it in the 7 years they each owned it.. I did my research and found it in the bay area.. A lady drove it most of the time and her husband bought her a new Cad SUV to replace it for more room.. She was crying when I drove it off.. What are you going to do when you want a convertible pickup and they don't make them any more............

·
Premium Member
64,363 Posts
Buy a nice secondhand one ??

·
Premium Member
39,959 Posts
Truthfully....right now I don't want to buy anything. Mom wants to do a mini remodel on the kitchen, mostly new floor and paint cabinets and some other things that are going into the thousands. So It's going to have to be the deal of the century for me to buy one, but it don't hurt to look...right?

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
I hate to think about it but our carpet is about 10 years old and the wife is looking at flooring and you're right there goes the $$$$$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
64,363 Posts
So it is you both gone a cost a lot of money for your wives plans ??

·
Premium Member
39,959 Posts
Our living room carpet is 25 years old and looks as good as the day it was installed, I wonder if today's carpet will last as long?

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
I just keep telling to have it cleaned, how far do you think that'll go

·
Premium Member
39,959 Posts
We have had this one professionally cleaned maybe twice, but have done it ourselves a few times also....take your shoes off when you come in the door please

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
I was just informed our carpet is 19 years old and it's been professionally cleaned once, I don't do that...Wasn't take off your shoes drilled into our generation........And wasn't lost on our kids.......

·
Premium Member
39,959 Posts
If you walk into either one of my son's house you will take your shoes off. Wife keeps a pair of slippers there to walk in. Guess we trained them good eh?

·
Premium Member
64,363 Posts
Do you also like to wear your slippers ??

·
Premium Member
60,088 Posts
How could everything I tough my kids about take off the shoes be forgotten so fast, though neither of them have carpet floors

43061 - 43078 of 43078 Posts