Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

43461 - 43480 of 43504 Posts

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
I used to look at the covers but never got into it.. I must have been good, it was around for a long time

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Like everything else I think they started to get a little political, but they probably died because kids don't read comic books to much anymore.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
Between the I phones and computer I think a lot of what we did as kids have come to an end don't you

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
You mean like riding bikes, playing baseball, football, basketball, hiking, eating green apples while sitting in the tree, picking wild blackberries, sleeping out, playing hide n seek, tag, building go-carts, ice skating on a frozen lake/river, doing chores before you could run off with your buddies, snowball fights, or just hanging out at a friends house, and a lot more I've probably forgot?

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
did you forget riding in the back of a pickup

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Yes I did, and yes we did, and growing up in different places didn't we do things that others couldn't, didn't, or never thought of?

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Do you know that the kids don't even know a lot of games we used to do ??

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
Did anyone ever play marbles

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Absolutely in grade school during recess. And did you know that the ball in a spray can are normally a green glass marble, sometimes blue, or a small steel ball?

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Do you think children play marbles now on school or at home ??

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
In this country I highly doubt it Wil, why get dirty playing a game of marbles, when they can play video games on their cell phone and stay clean?

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
My wife was a marble champ and still has an old glass oil can full of marbles.....

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Does she also have the big ones ??

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
There are a few large ones but most are the regular size.. I used mine up at the ranch with a sling shot......

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
It was a big deal at my school at lunch time, I always went home with a few extras

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Did you have lunch at school or did you go home for lunch ??

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Always brought my lunch never bought it, and it was not permitted to leave school for lunch.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
I brought my lunch also, I think we could have left but I lived about 6 miles from school and road the city bus.. I was 5 cents one way.. No school buses back then

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Only time I road the city bus was way back in the mid fifty's when I was just a young whipper-snapper. Always road a school bus to school, but then I didn't live in Elk-Snout CA.

43461 - 43480 of 43504 Posts