Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

43941 - 43960 of 43977 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
I have them on the $500 tractor and one riding mower, I never take them off.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
You have chains on your mower

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
Do you have ice all year there ??

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
I guess Harvey is having to seal with the scrap iron guy today right

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
Is he getting a lot of money for it ??

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
OK, in order that younz asked

Yes I leave the chains on year round, pain to put them on and off, plus the extra traction is nice when I'm pulling trailers and logs around.
No we don't have ice year round, it tends to melt when the temp is in the 80's and 90's
Scrap man comes tomorrow but I had to gather it all up and put it on TRAILERS, (plural)
Didn't realize I had as much as I do, got a decent price, but may have sold it a little cheap.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
At the ranch when the scrapers would come by, they had to do all the work, cutting hauling and pay in advance.. You had to watch what they took, they'd just want to take the easy stuff

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
Well all the scrap is gone, he took the little stuff , the rusty stuff, big stuff. Took him two loads on a 7 x 14 heavy duty trailer to get it all. Yard is looking better all the time, now just get rid of a gravel pile, plant grass and a sidewalk to the garage.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
At the ranch when the scrapers would come by, they had to do all the work, cutting hauling and pay in advance.. You had to watch what they took, they'd just want to take the easy stuff
I got it out because I didn't want him driving on the soft yard leaving ruts. My small garden tractor "With no chains" worked perfect.

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
Are you going to collect new scrap ??

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
Maybe it's your magnetic personality that draws the scrap iron, you think

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
So are you saying the stuff was there when you got there and it didn't just grow

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
Wasn't here when I moved here, but it slowly grew in the 43 years I've lived here.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
Xcatly, I've seen it grow at our ranch, a truck breaks down and you rob it for parts, the planters wears out, you park it the tracts fall off the Cat and it goes to the bone yard and it just starts to build and the next thing you know, the scrap guy shows up with a semi.............

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
Would you believe the new me says that isn't going to happen anymore....throw it out

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
But you know that you won't get any scrap money anymore ??

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
Can I tell you In order to keep the yard looking good that is something I can live with Wil?

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
You know I recycle my cans and plastic bottles just to get my money back so the state don't get it.......

43941 - 43960 of 43977 Posts