Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've looked through the Clymer service manual for this model and it says to remove the carburator assembly to replace these valves. Does anyone have a short cut for this without removing the carb assembly. Thanks. WyoWinger

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I don't think that it would be possible to change those components without taking the manifold off because there is simply not enough room to do it, unless you trained some ants to crawl in there and do it for you. LOL

Here's a tip that may save you a bit of work; remove air filter assembly, disconnect all the cables and fuel line, then remove the bolts that are holding the intake elbows to the cylinder heads, then remove all four carbs as a unit. This saves removing all the carbs individually. When reinstalling, use new o-rings, well greased in their grooves(to keep them in place) and carefully slide the four carb assembly into place.

Good luck, Vic

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
I don't think that it would be possible to change those components without taking the manifold off because there is simply not enough room to do it, unless you trained some ants to crawl in there and do it for you. LOL

Here's a tip that may save you a bit of work; remove air filter assembly, disconnect all the cables and fuel line, then remove the bolts that are holding the intake elbows to the cylinder heads, then remove all four carbs as a unit. This saves removing all the carbs individually. When reinstalling, use new o-rings, well greased in their grooves(to keep them in place) and carefully slide the four carb assembly into place.

Good luck, Vic
The way Vic describes is the way to go. It might seem like a hard job but it isn't too bad if you slide all the carbs out. The Phillips screws holding the air filter box onto the carbs sometimes seize in place, thats the only problem I know of with this job.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
The Phillips screws holding the air filter box onto the carbs sometimes seize in place, thats the only problem I know of with this job.
The choke cable can be a real pain to disconnect as well, and you need to remove it to slide the carb bodies out.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

FYI... Put a little dab of antisieze on all the screw & bolt threads before reassembly just in case you have to do the job over again... You never know... ;)

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Got this problem fixed! It was just bad gasoline and the carbs were gummed up. Put gas stabilizer and carb cleaner in the gas tank and ran it 200 miles and it's now running great. It just purrs!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Guys!!!!!!!!! WyoWinger :D:waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.