Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I did not know that the 1500 front end has an anti dive mechanism. In all the reading I have done on my bike I have never seen anything on the anti dive forks. Anybody have any input on this feature. Never have seen a post on them either. Ride On................

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

It let's you have a softer ride and not worry about bottoming while braking. I have never paid attention to how well it works (or not). It was all the rage for a while.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

They can be bothersome when they fail or stick (the 1800 is having a rash of issues with their design) -- really the effect is quite pronounced and amazingly effective for th heavy-bodied 1500.

I'm a big fan - and with a few o-rings and a limited number of "dealer" parts, they're easy to keep working.

Someday when you're bored, bounce your forks (with the nose uphill or without brakes applied) , then try the same as you come to a rolling stop with the front brak gripped tightly (enough to cause the caliper to roll forwad into the anti-dive piston) -- difference there is night and day.

I like em!

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Same effect on the 1200 at setting #4.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the comebacks on the anti dive forks. They seem to work ok. Dont have any issues with the front end bottoming out when hard front end braking is needed. Ride On................

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

On the 88 the anti dive valve only works with the brake pedal. The one for the hand brake is a dummy according to the service manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.