Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

there is a slight leak in the housing below the water pump . it is coming out of the machined hole on the under side . would new o rings or gaskets around the water pump solve this problem ? thank you

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Getting to the water pump is a big enough job Ed, and I would vote for fitting a new water pump.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

The pump is going bad,replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Pop for the OEM pump. If you try to cheap out on an aftermarket unit (cough cough SaberCycle cough) you'll just be doing it again.:gunhead:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I agree with the other posters, fit a new Honda pump and save yourself a lot of grief.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Oh, and Welcome to the BEST Goldwing forum on the net!!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

its getting to be cold weather again so make sure its not a cold weather leak from a hose clamp.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

How much is 'slight'? Mine has leaked anywhere from a few drops after a long ride to a small puddle after sitting for a few days. And sometimes it goes for weeks and weeks with nothing. In the three years that I've had my bike I've probably added less than half a pint.

And if you're topping up be sure to use silicate free antifreeze.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

Like gido said thay might leak a small amount and a larger amount BUT any is a sign the seal is going bad and WILL deteroiate in the most inopertune time,replace it before you HAVE to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.