Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So now that I've got the proper antifreeze in my newly o-ringed old goldwing and have been reading all of the stories about antifreeze types I'm stirring the pot for everyone!! ;-)

I have a 12 cylinder Jag roadster and it always runs warm. In the summer the gauge may not stop rising until you pull off the pedal and feed it fewer b.t.u's.

One day when it was 110 degrees and I had three extreme mountain passes to climb I when to the local Napa and bought some voodoo water called 'water wetter'. Because the engine has a huge cooling capacity I added two containers instead of the typically required one container then proceeded on my way.

The temp gauge was pegged on normal AND I was not restraining the deflections of the gas pedal. I can highly recommend the use of this product. Any person, especially those of us with older wings with a little too much bone medicine in their rad cores may want to try it out. It works by coating the super hot spots (along the water passages) in the head with something that stops gas pockets from forming. The Jag is for sale but, any whoo, I'm a believer in the pretty pink voodoo water! Jim

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I've heard load of good reports about water wetter. Do you know if it is compatible with the Honda coolant?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Wish I would have known about that water wetter stuff when I had my Jaguar XJ12 because that darned thing would cook eggs on the hood after a near 150 MPH run on the open road.

I'll be looking into that product for my Wing, especially, when the turbocharger is up and running on it. I was initially thinking about using Evans waterless coolant, but, I think I'd rather have something that is compatible with water in the cooling system just in case of a suprise overheating in a remote area. Then I could top up with water, unlike Evans which you cannot do because of incompatibility with water.

Thanks for posting that info and a very merry Christmas to you as well.

Vic

P.S. Here's a good tech link on that product; http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redtech3.htm

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

It would be great if water wetter was compatable with the Honda coolant and water pump friendly.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yes, the question is if this stuff really is OK to use with our engines. When I put it in the V12, I just remember that it felt very slippery. I have not yet found the maker of "Water Wetter" but have found probably every single distributor that a google comes up with... Better try yahoo, maybe... I will go to the local car shop and look for a dot com address on the container. :) Jim

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Fred on an US based 1800 forum, swears by water wetter for his 1800 has been using it since his bike was new. The only draw back in his opinion is it only last for 1 year then stops working, to harm just stops working. Fred is a Guru extraordinar when it comes to maintenance, even produced a 14 DVD set on how to do work on the 1800. I bought the set and can say the man knows his Goldwings. And I am sure if it's ok for the 1800 it would be ok for earlier models

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

We all know Fred H and I've seen clips from his DVDs as well. I've heard more than a few gl1800 owners say their dealershad problems getting all the air out of their cooling system when replacing coolant. It's easy enough to get air out of the older wings, but the design of the 1800 system seems to trap air and you have to have several goes to get it out.
Roll on 2006 and the 2000cc WIng!

[align=center]Happy Christmas[/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey BRowan, :waving:Congrats on your promotion to "Active Member" That took a lot of hard work. :clapper: Happy new year. :coollep:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hi Vic, Thanks for the link. We run Linux at home and the flash show won't work for our systems- oh well.

Someone wrote (from memory) that the stuff only lasts one year or so, or that it had to be changed yearly. Do you know anything about it? Don't spend any time looking for answers, I'm just wondering! Later, Jim

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

Hell all. I added water wetter to my 83 GL1100 several months ago with no problems.

I will let you all know if it blows up on me.

But for now...all is well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.