Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, being the neophite that I am with our new phones, is there any specific anti-virus for smartphones? I have not researched this but it seems that this would be around.

If so what do you use?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
imported post

Norton Anti-Virus and Security. It is in the Playstore.
Have it on 3 phones and 2 tablets works fine, free is good I am about to pay for full version on my smartphone as I use it for business and want some of the other features

Not the norton one app unless you want to pay a lot of $.

·
Administrator
57,481 Posts
imported post

I prefer the AVG antivirus app on my Android phone, I'm using the free version and it has worked well.

I don't browse the web much so it doesn't find anything very often. Has a stopped a few bugs though.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

plus 1 for norton...works well, i also have something called calls blacklist...got it off google app store for free...stops all undeclared ph calls plus any other you enter in....works great for telemarketers if you have had your same cell # for a few yrs...they call once, add the # to the list...no more calls ring thru , send em to vm which none of em every leave a message...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I use Lookout. You can find it in the Playstore. There is a free version and also a pay version. The free version has anti virus, backup, and a locating feature that will gps your phone and show you where it is (from another device), and will also let you log into their website and make your phone scream so you can find it if you lose it. Their pay service will let you lock the phone so it cannot be used.

·
Administrator
57,481 Posts
imported post

I used Lookout myself, but it is power hungry and kept my phone's battery dragging bad.

I took it off, and loaded AVG. The only time AVG works is when new apps or messages are received.

Lookout's GPS find me feature will turn the GPS on, but only for about 5 minutes. My phone will not get a GPS position within 5 minutes unless it is out in the open. That negated the usefulness so it was removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.