Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am hoping to have a little time Friday night to start looking into my radiator issue. I could swear that I saw on a previous post that you can use a Honda car radiator cap on a 1997 Goldwing. Anyone have any Honda or nappa numbers?? Also, what kind of intifreeze? Do you know how much?

Also, can you come over and do it for me?? :cheesygrin:

Thanks in advance.

Randy

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

On my 95, I used a Stant #11233 Cap from Carquest ...$8.90MNSNOWMAN wrote:
I am hoping to have a little time Friday night to start looking into my radiator issue. I could swear that I saw on a previous post that you can use a Honda car radiator cap on a 1997 Goldwing. Anyone have any Honda or nappa numbers?? Also, what kind of intifreeze? Do you know how much?

Also, can you come over and do it for me?? :cheesygrin:

Thanks in advance.

Randy

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Bobboo. I will look for that cap. I'll have to look in my manual and see if they specify a coolent type.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
imported post

My owners manual for my 94 says to use an antifreeze that is designed for use in aluminum engines and mix 50/50 with distilled water. Suitable antifreeze usually says on the container somewhere that it is silicate free. Also you can getantifreeze that is already premixed with the water. Don't get the premixed and then dilute it with water.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Bob's page says can use this cap: Slant #11233

http://bobsold.goldwingfacts.com/

Simply add antifreeze until it reaches the top of the fill neck for the cap... then fill the reserve tank also... then run the engine to "burp" it (sometimes it burps, sometimes not), and add more fluid if need be.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

It holds a gallon or so. When you drain the old pour it in to an old oil jug or milk jug to see how much you got out and plan to reinstall about the same amount. This will help you to know whether a 'burp' is needed or to be watched for.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

Oh- and you can slightly over fill the overflow tank the first time and it will get sucked in to fill any small burp anyway, then maintain its level unless even more is needed.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thank you, thank you! I really appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
imported post

11 yrs./65,000 mi.w/'95 SE sidecar rig; always used Honda 50/50premix silicate-free[blue jug]from local Honda shop; never had problem[peace of mind, not worrying about coolant pump seal leak]. My 2 cents....papasmurf in NH

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

You can buy Honda coolant at H car dealer cheaper than at m/c dealer by the quart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.