Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Had lead fixed and pressure tested(OK) and also flushed off engine but still have odour of smell of antifreeze .Where alse could there be a leak ???Raditor cap, the overflow ,the 90" elblow ,the small hoses from the elbow or what?? Bike has 269,000kms on it ..Works well except for this antifreeze smell.. Any ideas ?? thanks ,currly gg.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum...I'm moving your question to the Tech forum where it might get the answer you are looking for....

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Antifreeze smell does linkger a bit, so you could be smelling reminants of your leak (I usually spray the engine and radiators off with a weak solution of dye-free laundry detergent and let that sit as I wash the rest of the bike before rinsing i all off in an attempt to remove the left-over smells from anifreeze, fuel, and oil work)...

The overflow bottle, its elbow, and connecting tube are always a good place to look for antifreeze smell ---- also, since this has all been opened recently, ensure that you're not overfilled in the overflow bottle, and that your radiators are topped off (the bottle itself vents to air, os as your level expands you can produce a little smell there).

At 269km, it may be worth changing the radiator cap; that's seen a whole mess of hot/cool cycles and could just be tired :p Are you noticing any level change in your coolant?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

Crossover pipes on top of the engine are one place to look. Also the hose that joins both radiators, they sometimes leak..

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

currlygg. wrote:
Had lead fixed and pressure tested(OK) and also flushed off engine but still have odour of smell of antifreeze .Where alse could there be a leak ???Raditor cap, the overflow ,the 90" elblow ,the small hoses from the elbow or what?? Bike has 269,000kms on it ..Works well except for this antifreeze smell.. Any ideas ?? thanks ,currly gg.
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome currlygg.[/align]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.