Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a small amount of antifreeze on the floor this morning. It seems when it gets cold it leaks a little bit from somewhere but I have been unable to trace it down. Any one else have the same problem? I appreciate any info:)

·
Administrator
28,078 Posts
There are lots of places it could leak, most of which are impossible to get to without a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Every Gold Wing I have owned leaked some antifreeze when parked in cold weather. I don`t worry about it and check antifreeze level next spring before riding time. Leaking in the warmer months would concern me more.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
On my 1999 I had an intermittent leak. It turned out to be a loose hose to the thermostat. If you remove the right fan you can get to the loose clamp. It is a worm gear clamp but it is a narrow clamp so it can fit between three nibbs and the thermostat housing lip. If you need a clamp( but you prob wont) you will need to get it from Honda The clamps like to come loose for some reason.
Another thing you may want to check is that Honda removed all the tape from radiator hose fittings. On my 1999 I found they did not so I went in and removed the tape.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
firm up the tension on the hose clamps you can reach. you likely have some tape on your radiator connections which may be a contributing factor. i had the same issues with leaking in cold weather storage ... even after replacing the hoses and removing the tape, cleaning up the connections, painting the radiators ... i found i'd just under-tightened the hose clamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.