Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I keep reading about silicate free antifreeze. How do you know when you go to get antifreeze if it is silicate free? I have looked at the jugs but cannot see anything about silicates.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Most of the extended life antifreeze is silicate free. I use Prestone Extended Life. If you go to the web sites of the various manufacturers they usually will tell you if a particular anti freeze is silicate free. Take a look at this:

http://www.prestone.com/tips/page7.htm

If you Google 'silicate free antifreeze' you will find a lot of information.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

What colour is Honda silicate free coolent?

What colour is the Prestone extended life silicate free coolent?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I just boughta gallonof the Prestone Extended Life (prediluted) anitfreeze.

It was green in color.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

I used Prestone also, the extended life. silicate and phosphate free.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Honda's Type II is silicate free and its green. I just buy that so I don't need to worry about other makes being compatable or not.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:

What colour is the Prestone extended life silicate free coolent?

Thanks

OK, thanks. I asked those questions as the colour of the coolent in my bike is BLUE. I know that it was flushed and changedlast spring by the PO and was just trying to match what he used-provided it was silicate free. Guess I will have to ask him.

I just got some at our local CTC store -their own brand name which is made by Prestone, the long life DEX COOL compatable, and it states "silicate and phosphate + 3 other things free" Couple of bucks cheaper than the Prestone beside it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's even better if you can find cost free. But two bucks is two bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Evans NPG+ Waterless Coolant. 375+ deg boiling point with no pressure on system, -40deg F. freeze. I've put 6000 miles on this product in my '83I. It has no silicate or any chemicals that are detrimental to yellow metal cooling systems.

http://www.evanscooling.com/html/home1.htm

PM me if you'd like more info. [email protected].

I do not sell orreceive any comps for promoting this product but so far it's worked well for me.

Hobie

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
Hey Hawker22 :waving: This is what your looking for and it's good old Irish Green.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Remember his neighbor actually buys the stuff!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Oh my God!!!! You mean he putsGREEN fluid in a RED bike???? :realshocked: :realshocked: :realshocked:

What is the world coming too????? :baffled: :baffled: :baffled: :baffled:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey im only trying to help you novices out. :stumped: Of course my neighbourbuys the stuff, :clapper:i dont have a bloody Goldwing to put Antifreeze into. :shakehead:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Wait ... Wait... You mean..... GASP !!... a Honda 50 does not have antifreeze/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif ???? Probably no Shaft drive either... That means that tune-ups must just consist of shaking it gently to be sure the brigestones have not fallen off, and hopping on ??? outrageous !!/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif LOLOLOLOL SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I won't buy anything from my local Honda Motorcycle dealer. But I did buy the anti-freeze from my local Honda car dealer. It's blue, matched the bike. It says silicate and boron free on the jug.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
Wait ... Wait... You mean..... GASP !!... a Honda 50 does not have antifreeze/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif ???? Probably no Shaft drive either... That means that tune-ups must just consist of shaking it gently to be sure the brigestones have not fallen off, and hopping on ??? outrageous !!/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gifLOLOLOLOLSilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif
I bet it doesn't even have electric start....:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

TOJ wrote:
Hi,

I won't buy anything from my local Honda Motorcycle dealer. But I did buy the anti-freeze from my local Honda car dealer. It's blue, matched the bike. It says silicate and boron free on the jug.

Tom

BINGO

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
It's even better if you can find cost free. But two bucks is two bucks.

You try'n to lead this to the deer alert thread????????????

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

what is the capacity (litres) for a rad and engine on a 85 LTD Fuel injected 1200CC?

Got 4litre jug Type 2 from Honda yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
imported post

I don't know for sure if the injected models have larger radiators than the standard, but 4 liters would do mine with a little to spare.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.