Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very close to purchasing a 60k miles 2003 wing from a dealer. I know to look at tires, fork seals, brake & clutch fluid, & brake pads.

a few questions for people that know more than I do ....

1. are timing belts due to be changed if it's never been done? what should that cost at the dealer?

2. anything else I should be worried about on a 10 year old GL1800?

3. I believe only the 2001's had a frame recall. any recalls for 2003?

thx. in advance for help. after a year on a Star Venture I'm really looking forward to having a wing again.

·
Magic Moderator
4,864 Posts
The GL1800 has timing chains.
Frame weld on 2003
ECM replacement cooling system 2003
Bank Angle Sensor mounting screws 2003
Proportion control valve 2003

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
03 GL1800's were good bikes. There is also the most recent recall the secondary master cylinder inspection. All on trike lady's list are recalls (no time limit) except the ECM/heat issue which was a 'product update campaign' that ended several years ago so if that hasn't been done Honda's not gonna buy it for you. If you can bring the 17 digit VIN to a Honda dealer they can quickly and easily run it through Honda's database to determine what recalls and warranty service has been done. If you're buying it from a Honda dealer they are obligated to perform the recalls before it gets in your hands.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
03 GL1800's were good bikes.
They ARE good bikes! I bought mine 2.5 years ago (ABS model) at 24K for $12K and she now has 81K and has been running like a top!
:cheesygrin:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
FYI.
You already have a post going on this subject. Keep it to 1 post per subject, just keep replying to the original post to keep confusion to a minimum and repetition of answers given.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.