Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
25,045 Posts
Lots I suppose, I am approaching it and feel like a youngster in the crowd.

·
Son of Bronson
120 Posts
Will be 70 in May.
At least that's what it says on my driver's license.
I think that's wrong. I'm only 29.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
75 here. Been riding since I was 17. I thought once recently about giving it up but just not ready yet.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I wish I could remember what 70 was like:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Just turned 70, but the 'Wing was getting a bit heavy for me so I moved to a Kaw Versys 1000 a couple of years ago. Loved the 'Wing, love the Kaw. Great bikes.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
Just curious to know if there are many 70 year old plus riders out there. :cool:
73 here, only change I've made is to put a Trigg Trike Kit (Yes, training wheels!!) on my 2000SE bike, and I highly recommend other "baby boomers" do the same, if a real trike is out of your financial range. I have approx. $6000.00 in the whole setup, not counting the bike. It really makes a world of difference in safety, comfort and general well being! (Just be sure to have enough in your budget for a rake kit!)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
79 May 1,been on Goldwing since 1975,my first Wing serial number was 446, first one in Texas ,
Rode my 91 Monday this week,got home and parked in the garage and it gassed my garage,so now it’s on my list to find the leak.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Turned 70 in November. Ride year round. Summers at our home in Canada and winters at our place in Arizona. No intention to stop riding.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I turned 79 in December. I got my first motorcycle in 1974, a Honda CB550 4 cylinder. It was a smooth running bike and back then a four cylinder bike was not very common. I made a statement to my wife that the CB550 was the biggest motorcycle I would ever need. Boy was that ever wrong! I shortly moved to a CB750, then a GL1000, GL1100, GL1200LTD, and now own two GL1500s. She often reminds me that I said the CB550 was as big as I would ever need.
I don't get to ride as much now as I once did. My wife is in bad health and I must stay near to care for her. I can't be gone overnight but I still get in some day trips occasionally.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts