Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
71 here but 72 in March. I had a Cushman in 1958 that we rode all over the country roads Pumpkin center and Old river , my uncle was a Farmer and my cousin's and I had Cushman's. The only rule was to stay off Taft Hwy. if we went across we had to get permission and push the bike's across. The school was on the other side and the pool was open in the summer. Always had to keep an eye out for Hwy Patrol and Sheriffs. My Uncle was a trip, if the County put stop sign's in and he didn't like them, he would just did them up and put them on the other corners. That way he didn't have to stop every time he went that way. Much simpler times in the 50's.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
73 and just a few days away from 74... Ride with both a Tow Pac kit when 2up and on 2 wheels when solo... No plans to give it up anytime soon... If my health holds looking forward to a few more decades of riding... It is my passion as well as wrenching... Been riding for over 50 years now and too many miles to keep track of but has to be close to a quarter million... Keep the knees in the breeze!!!

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
74 here and still going strong. Went for a short ride last night after some work on his bike...
Keep your knee's in the breeze...

·
Nobody You Know
276 Posts
I'll be 70 in September. Been riding since I was 13 (that was my brother's Sears MoPed). Came up through the ranks of smaller bikes, but nothing compared to my 2013 GL1800!

·
Registered
10 Posts
77 here. Been riding since 1967 and have 5 bikes in the garage now. No end in sight!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I will be 70 in a month and a half. Over 600,000 miles since May of 1973. Still prefer 2 wheel Gold Wings. The legs do not work quite as well as they used to though. I keep asking myself, "If it comes down to a trike, or hanging up the helmet, what would it be?'
gumbyred

·
Administrator
58,491 Posts
I've already mentioned that I will be 78 come March 7th, and I have already decided that when I can't safely handle the 1800 on two wheels, it will go to my son. I just simply am not interested in trikes.

I have a 250cc scooter that can handle all of my rally commuting needs, that will be good enough.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Turned 62 in January, have 82 Wing with a Watsonian sidecar. Also a Burgman 400 scooter which I take on many club and other group rides. Wing and HD riders surprised a lowly 400 can keep up with them.! :)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Shoot, they should feel honored to have an '84 Aspencade grace their presence. Not many of the beauties left. My Metallic Red 2010 gets some nice comments, but I think the '84 Asp. gets more.
For all of you age 70 and older, thank you for leading the way for us kids. What an inspiration. If God allows, I will be only 69 next month.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I just turned 70 last month, bought my first Gold Wing in 79. I have no plans to give up riding for at least another 25 years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Will be 82 in a few days and still planning on touring on the Valkyrie this summer pulling a one-wheel trailer. Been riding 2-wheel motorized contraptions of some sort since about grade school age. Have no idea how many miles are under my belt, it's of little importance. I can say I've enjoyed nearly every one of them....been very few exceptions.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts