Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,951 Posts
Not familiar with a "Challenger". What is it?
Oh yeah, and why did you cut that poor alien's head off? ... :devilish:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,758 Posts
Will be 80 in Jan. Wife will be 79 this Dec. My bike is 2020 Challenger and hers is 2016 Goldwing Trike. Our 60th anniversary will be next March.
that is Awesome!!!

wish my wife would have ridden with me, but the Lord did not see it that way :(
Diabetes got in the way of our plans.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I'm a young 73 years old. Numbers are numbers just keep moving.My first ride was homemade frame with a Maytag gasoline engine. Yes a washing machine motor built in the forties.Used where there was no electricity on farms.Built by my Uncle a welder and builder.I was 10 years old riding around oil lease roads. Tighten the belt by pulling a handle and hold on.The hook was set and it's been there for 63 years. My next ride was a 57 Cushman that smoked like spraying for mosquitoes. Brother in law helped get it running.Riding 13 years old stop by cop.Back to the oil lease roads. A Triumph 650 a very big change. Next Harley Sporster. A 1958 Harley Panhead. A 1961 Panhead. A 1971 Shovelhed with stroker engine. And so many others I can;t remember them all. Many dirt bikes. Then I saw the LIGHT 1975 Goldwing. A 1984 Godwing. Now a 1988 Goldwing I have been riding for 15 years. Take care of them they will reward you for many miles for many years. I call riding WIND THERAPY.

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Fenton, I remember the Maytag washers with gasoline motors. Also rode a 1951 Triumph 650 for a while. Then a couple BSA's (1967 - 1972) and finally to Honda's. A 1976 750 Honda, then to a 1977 Gold Wing. A couple GL1500's since then. Life is good....!! Oops: Add the 1949 Indian and 1952 Triumph....

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
you need to tell us what bike you have,
click on your Avatar in the top right corner,
choose ACCOUNT settings, then select Signature, and enter your ride.
AZ I can kind of understand the way you feel about a trike. I had a 95 GL1500 that I loved to ride with my wife but on the last ride to DC for Rowling Thunder I laid it over two times, no one or the bike were hurt but I lost some confidence in myself with her on with me. I wound up buying a 08 GW trike and will say neither of like as much as two wheels but we are still riding together. I have bought a 2000 Valkyrie for the times I ride by myself and I love that beast. Oh and I am 72 now.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,758 Posts
I am a year older now, 78 in 5 days.
still riding my 1800, well for a while at least.
I have two rallys planned for it before I give it to my son.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts