Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just say an 8n with a dealer installed 240ci v8 installed. Didnt know that was an option...

·
Administrator
57,979 Posts
imported post

Just one thought on that.....stupid.

The transmission on a Ford N tractor cannot handle the extra horsepower.

My sister has one, a 1958 model. It finally broke the transmission, and guess what, you have to strip the complete tractor from front to back to get into the transmission.

Parts are salvage items only too.

But that one you saw sure is a rarity...

·
Administrator
24,674 Posts
imported post

It's not an actual Ford option but a dealer may have done it. It's called a Funk conversion and that one is very nicely done. I have a 2N, the predecessor of the 8N.

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My brother has an old tractor he's restoring, almost complete and runs well. I think it's a M/F, not a Ford. I'll take some pics of it later today when I go over to his house to sync the carbs on the 83 1100 he bought a couple of months ago.

And yes, just like the Fords it has to be broken in half to do any work on the rear end, clutch and transmission.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

many tractors have to be split...

There was a guy in Wyoming that was called captain hazelwood... a nickname right?

He was a wrench at the implement dealer. Had this big ole rig to work on, hadda put a clutch in it. He drained it out, and got maybe 5 gallons of hy-tran out of it. Thought "should be about 35 gallons, maybe thats why it needs a new clutch".

He went ahead and split it, and the other 30 gallons came out on the floor. So, just like the exxon valdez, he put a big ole spill on the floor. From that day forward, they called him capn hazelwood! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Somebody had a pic of one with a Valk motor in it awhile back.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I learned to drive on an 8n. It had a 6cyl. I thought that was the way they were made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.