Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what the inline valve to the left in the middle of the picture is because it occassionally is dripping on my boiler? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
The item on the right with what looks like a lever, might be a pressure relief valve that can be manually opened to vent/purge the line.

The picture is better but the system shrinks pictures that are put into posts. You might want to try putting the full size picture in your garage and then linking to the garage.

·
Administrator
57,448 Posts
this is a good host for pictures, then you can link it back here, or just post the link and we can follow it

https://imgur.com/

we need a different view of what that is in the back, it is too small to make out what it is.

the valve on the right might be a bleed valve? dunno, can't see where it goes to?

·
1,594 Posts
I am not familiar with US standard in piping and walves , but to me it looks like what we here call an "safety armeture" . If so it is located on the " cold water in line" for your water heater . The purpose for it is = when the water heater warms the cold water , the volume and the pressure rises , and the safety valve release the "over pressure" into the plumbing (or onto the floor , if no plumbing).

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the ist time in years it started dripping. I was downstairs painting and had to go into my workshop and heard a dripping and saw it was coming from the valve in a slow drip. Part of the problem might be is out neighborhood water. Theyre putting chemicals which are supposedly safe(yeah right) to seal up the old pipes inside. Unfortunately they cause issues with seals and such with faucets and all of that. Im wondering if this is part of my issue or I need to have the valve replaced. Since the late missus has passed the househas been $$$ me to death. Sorry about taking so long to get back for some odd reason my computer tossed all of the replies from the forum in spam.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The back side of the valve is the same as the front. Its an inline valve and unfortunately the pic makes it look like its hooked to the silver pipe but its just above it. My phone doesnt help the pic much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts