Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

I wonder if they are shipping that evil ethanol with the fuel or are we the only ones cursed with that?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

I thought foreign aid was the number 1 export.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I think most of the ethanol we get up here in Canada comes fom the US.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Very interesting article! Thanks for sharing it.

John

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Couple of years ago I kept hearing

"Drill baby drill"

That was to supposedly lower the price of fuel.

Yea right, what a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!:yelling:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

seabee_ wrote:
I thought foreign aid was the number 1 export.
Me too!:waving::wtf::waving::wtf::waving::wtf::waving:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:

"Drill baby drill"

And it will if the government ever allowsus to drill without adding more and moreEPA regulations, permits, studiesetc. Fuel is like almost everything, supply and demand sets the price. If we drill and get a larger supply the price goes down, unless Uncle Sam gets in the way.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Larry22935 wrote:
SETHAN12 wrote:

"Drill baby drill"

And it will if the government ever allowsus to drill without adding more and moreEPA regulations, permits, studiesetc. Fuel is like almost everything, supply and demand sets the price. If we drill and get a larger supply the price goes down, unless Uncle Sam gets in the way.

The price of oil is dictated by the futures market on Wall Street and not by supply and demand.

Drilling more oil does not equal lower prices.

Let a war break out in the middle east and the "fear of shortage" (not actual shortage) will be enough to sky rocket prices.

Get ready for five dollar a gallon US gas coming to a local service station near you.

We should keep our oil at home, but alas, the rich oil baron's would not make as much money.

Using secure oil from our own country would drive down the price.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Aaah jobs maybe???!!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

And the #1 source of the imported crude you guys buy is Canada...........not Saudi Arabia, or anywhere else......Canada. Who woulda thunk it by reading the papers?

But not to worry, out west here in Canada, we then buy some it back after you refine it. And I buy it every opportunity I can get when I cross the border.........'cause, believe it or not, it's a lot cheaper than on our side of the border!
;)
Does that make us even?

T.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Drilling in the off shore waters is going full bore now. The moratorium was not much more than a safety stand down. Big oil has vast amounts of ground leased for drilling here on dry land. Living in oil country the restrictions on drilling are no deterrant to the process. Within 1/4 mile of my home there are 17 wells that have been abandoned and the pump jacks pulled off but the well pipe and the down hole pumps are still in them. There are another 12 that are still in production.

I inherited some oil royalities from my mother. Am really getting rich from them. One well produced $89,000 in oil this last oil delivery and my share was $4.17. My Great Great Grandfather was the one that oil was struck on around 1910 by the Ohio Oil Company, now Marathon, and one well has produced oil for 100 years.

There is a burst of drilling around here but no where what is was back in the 50s. You could not travel any where in the area and not see the lights of a drilling rig. However the smell of methane gas permeated the whole area as the well flares would blow out and the gas would just vent. Oil from leaks contaminated much ground but no one cared. The Wabash river was so contaminated that the 3/8" rudder blade on my grandfathers inboard john boat had to be replaced every year due to corrosion from the salt brine that was getting into the river.

The oil from Alaska get shipped on oil tanker ships manifested for U.S. ports. However much of that oil gets re-manifested to Asia once the tanker is at sea. The XL pipeline is supposed to bring Canadian oil to the refineries in the gulf coast area. Well we see now why they want that, because there are refineries and there is good access to tanker ships to ship oil and oil products around the Atlantic countries. If we kept our oil home we would not be importing oil while we are exporting it. But as was said above, the oil barons want the price of oil at high prices. All they have to do is get a friendly politician to start a war to destabilize the middle east and drive the prices up.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

monkeytrucker wrote:
But as was said above, the oil barons want the price of oil at high prices. All they have to do is get a friendly politician to start a war to destabilize the middle east and drive the prices up.
Glad to meet a fellow paranoid and conspiracy theorist! ...........we'll be proven right in the end...........and still pay!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

T.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.