Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am thinking about putting a bicycle rack on my 86. you see, i love bicycling, but dont want to drive a truck to the trails. Has anyone else made this mod? If so, i need some ideas how to proceed.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

shawn6wheel wrote:
try mounting off of a trailer hitch kit, will require a little fab work tho.
That would be my suggestion.

I have seen many bicycle racks mounted on auto's using the standard receiver hitch on the vehicle.

I would be careful leaning too far, as to "drag your pegs", as the extra width of the bicycle on the back may actually drag sooner than the pegs.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I would love to see a bicycle towed by it's front wheel with the rear wheel as a trailer, not sure if the tire would last long though.

Others have mounted the bike vertically from a reciever hitch facing the sky.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a trailer might be a consideration for your life style.:waving:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
imported post

A trailer is a good way to go... You can store extra STUFF that might be needed...

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

Harbor Freight has a trailer for around $150. A lot of people use one with a cartop carrier attached for their gear. This could be a good all around utility trailer.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
imported post

I seem to remember someone building a trailer for a dirtbike to be towed behind a GL1200... It had a solid axle and was built basicly in the shape of a "T" using 2" steel tubing with braces coming from the rear wheels to about a foot from the front of the hitch. A nice little set-up for about $125.00 I believe....:cool:If yer good with a welder, this might be the way to go!!:coollep:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

This works :action::action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If you are going to leave your bike unattended at a trail head, I recommend you remove anything of value, including your side panels and removable plastics.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks for all the great ideas

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
If you are going to leave your bike unattended at a trail head, I recommend you remove anything of value, including your side panels and removable plastics.
YES!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.