21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
59,720 Posts
Did anyone motel it last year ??

·
Administrator
22,299 Posts
Yes, I stayed in a little motel in town, about 15 miles from the campground as I recall. It cost between 50 an 60 bucks I think and wasn't all that bad. There were a couple other motels in the area but they cost about twice as much. I can dig up more details in a couple of days. I'm kind of swamped right now.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Karla and I would definitely plan on making the outing. The 11 to the 13th is good for us.

Thanks John for taking action on this.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Gosh. Just wondering with all the great places we have to ride here in Oregon and Washington why the same place two years in a row? :?
I'm guessing the majority of people welcome the familiar...knowing what to expect.
That's why so many business chains are successful.

·
Administrator
22,299 Posts
I suggested last year's location because it was warm, dry and had some really nice roads. The campground was well maintained and in a nice location on the river. In fact it was nice enough that I considered camping this year.

If someone else has a plan, please present it.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Are there dates yet?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
baring changes in my schedule I would be off sept 11-13. I just drove through that area ( Baker city, LaGrande etc.) last weekend with the RV...told my wife I wanted to go back this summer on the Wing. Joseph, Enterprise, Lake Wallowa are all just north of Halfway and would also make great destinations as well. I would be happy to lead a day trip if you want.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I might be able to make it, I live in central Calif. September might be a little busy for me to take enough time to enjoy it. I will keep watching this thread and if I can go I will let you all know. Were planning a trip to Idaho in July and might come home thru Eastern Oregon. Were going to a blues festival there for one day and the rest of the time ridding and hanging out. The Blues festival is called Blues and Bones. They have a rib cook off and blues music. Its a good day of music and food. I don't know what more a man could need in life. Thanks Jerry

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Does the weekend after Labor Day sound OK again?
Are Ya'll planning to make NASSIR? That weekend might conflict for anyone wanting to make both.

I won't be able to make it anyway, I think I am booked up from last week pf August to mid Oct. now!
Maybe one of these days I can make it, I'd love to ride up that way sometime!

·
Administrator
22,299 Posts
Are Ya'll planning to make NASSIR? That weekend might conflict for anyone wanting to make both.

I won't be able to make it anyway, I think I am booked up from last week pf August to mid Oct. now!
Maybe one of these days I can make it, I'd love to ride up that way sometime!
An east coast ride is financially out of the question for me this year.
Oh, and Bike is afraid to go back through Texas since we saw Cadillac Ranch last time we were there, meaning we'd have to take the long way to get back east anyway.
Maybe next year NASSIR will be in Nebraska, or some other place Bike isn't afraid of.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hahahaha, Bike doesn't want to become a piece of graffiti art huh? :ROFL:

The cross the US trip is not attainable for me this year either, unless I have a bundle of money dropped into my lap sometime between now and then. :ROFL:

John

Oh, and Bike is afraid to go back through Texas since we saw Cadillac Ranch last time we were there, meaning we'd have to take the long way to get back east anyway.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Glad to see the interest in keeping this thing going. The dates have always been somewhat fluid, but if we don't get that settled very early on, nobody can plan for it. The weekend after Labor Day has worked well for us for several of these, and it looks like that is good for most this year as well, so let's just plan on that.

The location moves around usually too, but I'm with Dennis, last year's spot was excellent, warm, dry and some fantastic roads and scenery. It was my 2nd time to the area and I would love to go back. There's still plenty more to see there that I haven't seen yet. Haven't even been down to the dam yet, and roads I have been on there, I want to ride again. Always open to suggestions, but because of a busy schedule on my part and past experience, if you have a suggestion for a location then you should be willing to provide all of the needed information on the location, hotels-motels, camping, ride routes, etc. That legwork can chew up a lot of time that I simply don't have at the moment. That added to my decision to vote for Copperfield campground again. :)

I'm taking the reins on this simply because someone needs to, but I'm very willing to hand them to someone else if you want to drive. ;) We voted to hand them off to Henry last year but he wined and made us all feel uncomfortable, so I didn't push it. :ROFL:

John

·
Premium Member
59,720 Posts
Okay sounds like a plan to me.. I'll start working on the 11 / 13 of Sept time frame..........

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I didn't whine, I didn't , I didn't !!! OK, maybe just a little.....:cheesygrin:

So far it looks like I will just have come back from Munich in time to make it to the meet-up.

I thought that when you got close to retirement time the travel requirements for work were supposed to slow down. Not happening here!!

·
Premium Member
59,720 Posts
Tell you boss your rear drive is whining and you need to take it apart and maybe he'll ease up ........

·
Premium Member
59,720 Posts
Hello anyone home...........

21 - 40 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.