Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Any tips on Odessy 680 battery? Just got a heck of a deal right here in town. 87.xx aat Allied Battery, compared to 125.00 at Batteries+ Couldn't come close on the net. Bob

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Is that thebright red one? If so you have to buy the terminals seperately and they cost about $10.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It is the Red one. I was able to get the cables to reach, and bent the side flags out flat. It sure is a lot smaller than the orig batt, but heavier. I'll charge it up with tender, for cpl hrs and try it. I hope it has a lot better reserve than the "ugggggghhhhh" Wal-Mart battery. It did ok, but it had better start quick, tho, or you're push starting! Bob

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey Ben? Hows weather there? Sure turned off crummy here, in So. Or

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Hey Ben? Hows weather there? Sure turned off crummy here, in So. Or

Hi Bob. Not too good over here either. Cloudy right now and 37 degrees if my car temp reader was right. Light wind and it's deciding if it wants to snow again later or just rain. :?

BTW, I forgot to mention that the 680 battery is bulletproof. They last for ages and get used in all sorts of vehicles, ie bikes, choppers, snowmobiles etc.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Doggone, I missed that one. I couldn't get their shipping quote page to do anything. Just come up blank. Gonna assume 15-20 dollars shipping. I've read this is about the best battery there is. Bob

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Just bought an Odyssey 680 for my 1984 GL1200A based on recommendations from forum members / gurus. Sure is heavier than stock but I wanted to get away from battery acid dripping on exhaust heatshield I'd just had re-chromed. Suggested list price here is $239.99 Cdn but I was lucky and got the trade price of $145.50 Cdn. I suspect no one pays suggested list, though.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

The ole' LTD :12ltd:sure cranks faster, "jumped right out of my hand", so to speak. I put its orig batt in the 85 Interstate, which hasn't been started for 6 mos., it cranked fairly well, but sure didn't want to start.:X Forgot how to use the enrichener - LOL. Finally took off. Run good, but the exhaust smell from this crappy gas we're getting these days, just loaded my cloths, bath time, now. My LTD stinks, too. I'm thinking more and more of a new 1800,:18red: cause of it's cat. converter, and sophisticated electronics. That frame problem has me pretty concerned, tho. Think I had better wait, till they can engineer it right!Maybe I could put an 1800 engine in my LTD :weightlifter:Gotta go away for awhile. See ya. Thanks for responses. Bob

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

Hi I got my Odyssey battery from an Ebay seller. I don't remember the exact price, but it was a lot cheaper than batteries+ and it was the upgrade model with the metal case.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I did chk there, but with shipping, then considering impending problems, decided to just go with local dealer. Only cpl bucks more, if you figure shipping. Thing sure works good. Too bad they don't make ont the exact size. Could get even more power out of it. Bob :12ltd:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I did chk there, but with shipping, then considering impending problems, decided to just go with local dealer. Only cpl bucks more, if you figure shipping. Thing sure works good. Too bad they don't make ont the exact size. Could get even more power out of it. Bob :12ltd:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

How do you work the terminals? The automotive ones don't look like they will work, do you just use brass screws?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Mine came with 2 stainless socket head (allen) panhead screws. I just had to flaten out the "flags" on the wire ends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.