Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,377 Posts
There is no reason to spend several hundreds of dollars on speakers. You just have to look for ones that have butyl rubber surround and something like polypropylene cone or similar. Anything other than paper cones. That is usually good enough for outdoor use. Not all speakers that will work are labeled marine speakers.

One thing you might consider is finding a store that sells car audio and has a decent selection of speakers already set up. See if a similar stereo to yours (same wattage) is there and try out the different speakers. I did this the last time I selected speakers and went to the local Fry's Electronics. I am not sure what is available by you but maybe a Best Buy or similar... It really helped me make a decision. Distortion happens when the internal amp is working too hard to drive the speakers. And with the wrong speakers it may start happening before you reach full volume. It may help to try lower powered speakers, just make sure that they can handle the max wattage of 40w that the stereo can put out.

·
Pwhoever
3,377 Posts
I just want to state that I am in no way an audio expert. The average car stereo doesn't draw much power. They are usually equipped with a 10a fuse. I don't know though how much this one will draw so I can't give you an answer if it will be ok with your stator. But as far as that stereo, if thats the one you want, a google search shows that you can find it cheaper than the Canadian Tire price but then you would have to consider shipping and possibly import fees to Canada.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.