Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, Purchased a new GL1800 and am open to suggestion. I want to install a set of Baker Wings and I'm not really sure which color would be best to go with Hot Rod Yellow? I was thinkiiing either clear or smoked. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Smoked

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

I have always seen the smoked, but it would be interesting to see something like the hot rod yellow with all clear. That would be a tough choice without actually a visual comparison.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

My recommendation is to install the ones that YOU think will look the best on your bike.

It's your bike, and your eye that has to look at it the most.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

I like my clear ones but probably because they came with the bike. You will love them regardless of color. Cool in the summer, warm in the cold weather. The hand wings especially make an incredible difference in the cold.

·
Administrator
24,377 Posts
imported post

I asked my girlfriend, clear or smoke, she said clear so I ordered smoked.:smiler:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
imported post

I had smoked on my previous Gold 06 and liked them well however when I traded for Yellow in June I thought that smoke changed the look of the bike too much. I decided to go with clear and since I went with clear, I decided to get the New Generation which is suppose to be scratch resistant. I installed them last weekend and really glad that I did. I got the advantage of being able to adjust the air but without distracting from the origionallook of the bike (which I like).

I do agree that it comes down to just personal choice and what looks best to you as your the one looking at it the most.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
My recommendation is to install the ones that YOU think will look the best on your bike.

It's your bike, and your eye that has to look at it the most.
:applause::applause::applause::bow::bow::bow::applause::applause::applause:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Clear. I like Baker Wings, had a set of doubles on my 1500. Those were red on a red bike. Personally I didn't like the looks of the things but kept them because they work so well. That's why I would have preferred clear ones because they'd be less noticeable. So far I haven't felt the need of air wings on my 1800, perhaps it's because the fairing doesn't block quite as much of the airflow.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

Have a look at this item on ebay 350337920492 , you may find it just what you want.
Regards, Dave........:dance::dance::dance:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

I guess it would depend on the color of your bike. Mine is pearl white, and I installed the light smoke. Couldn't be more pleased.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Thanks for all the ideas. I beleive clear is clearly the best choice. They will not stand out nor take away -

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.