Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems mine don't shut the same way every time I try. Where should one put your hand so they shut tight and with one attempt? Tried adjusting the steel latches on lids, but don't know what I am doing? Now I am shutting them and then moving hand towards front of bike and with a little hit from the palm of hand finishes shutting them. I just think they need to shut better and tighter. How can honda make such a great bike but get cheesy on the plastics?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Nope, you always have to hit them at least twice for them to lock.

In my experience.

·
life is good
1,192 Posts

Nope, you always have to hit them at least twice for them to lock.

In my experience.

I REALLY LIKE THE 1500 BAGS . BUT I HAVE BEEN RIDING GOLD WINGS 34 YEARS:claps: THE OLD WAY WAY WAS OK WITH ME THEN AND IT IS STILL OK WITH ME NOW . some how my cap lock got hit sorry , some times stuff is not just the way you think it is to be but it it is . shut them 2 times.:claps:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Something is out of adjustment in the latch or your hinges are bent outward causing the latches not to align properly.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
What I found on mine is that if the the latches are adjusted for easy closing, the seal may not be water tight. I just tip them closed and bump them with the heel of my hand to latch.

John

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
What I found on mine is that if the the latches are adjusted for easy closing, the seal may not be water tight. I just tip them closed and bump them with the heel of my hand to latch.

John

Ditto !

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Once underway and as a precaution I am now in the habit of reaching behind and checking for loosely closed side bags.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep I also have to close them then bump them again for them to latch,
I did have a water leak from the weather strip not making a good seal I corrected that issue but now that they are water tight, I do seem to have to bump them to latch

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I have to tap mine twice and there is no weather seal....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.