Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Guys I'm going to have to sell my 78 1000 soon. I have injured my back and it doesn't look good for me to be riding anytime soon. It has a little under 59k miles. The rear "bumper/lightbar" has been painted and has all new lights and wiring, sealed beam turnsignals have been added to the bar. The bags and trunk are in need of some paint. The seat is okay. Exhaust is a little loud to me, but may be normal for its age, I'm not sure. It has a one year old battery. The carbs have been replaced by an aftermarket manifold and a one barrel Holley in the past before I got it. The carb was rebuilt last summer and it needs some fine tuning. Brakes are fair, tires fair. I would like to get $900 for it. Make me some offers and we'll go from there.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,798 Posts
imported post

Pictures would help. Maybe someone can take them for you if moving around is painful. Been there.

Sorry to hear about the injury, hope that it is better with healing time.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

Sorry that you have back problems, I think that we all hope the best for you. Dana

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

If you don't have to sell it,I would wait and give it a little time.

When I first injured my back I could'nt and would'nt do anything,the doctors told me there was nothing more they could do to help and I would get used to the 24/7 pain.

Well It took awhile but they were right,I'm in as much pain now than when I got hurt 20 years ago,But I have gotten used it and I learned how to do things different that works for me,because of the pain.

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt to ride,but I finally said to myself one day,I'm gonna start enjoying life a little instead of just surviving life and one thing was to start riding again.

So a long story short,give it's some time....you will adjust as I have.

It will get better.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,798 Posts
imported post

I've lived with lower back pain all my life.
Found some very good chiropractors that were honest.

Found some very good chiros that were very good at relieving the pain, and then a bit later, you have a new pain. Hmmmm, it would take some money to find out the honest ones from the shyster ones.

I have a very good and honest one here in Mesa, cash only, no insurance, ultra reasonable if any one needs one.

Took my daughter to see him just today.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

PM Sent...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Hi Dirtracer I also have dejenerating disc and my neck clicks like a snap on rachet when I turn,,Also I PM'd you about buying the bike days ago I hope you give me a chance to look at it before you sell it. Treetrans

G

·
imported post

2 back surgeries here so i know how you feel. I get up and work 7 days a week.
Just hang in there.
Hope you get better soon.
You have my prayers.
TOMMY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.