Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As a gesture of friendliness I am willing to help anybody who may have some 1500 stock pegs, shifter and brake pedal, clean them out of there garages or basements. I have a 97 SE and it has floor boards, after a couple of rides I would prefer the stock set up. So let me know.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I think someone may have left some in my garage, any chance of that help to look for them......?

Pete

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

If you can strap the web cam to your helmet I will do my best.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

No no mate, the idea was for some help physically to clean up the chaos that is my garage;)

Footpegs are definately the way to go though:clapper::clapper:

Pete

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Hey Goldwinger. I have floorboards and heel to toe shifter too. Didn't like it at first but they are starting to grow on me. I would prefer the stock shifter though. It just doesn't feel right to raise your heel off the floorboard to shift.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

I am looking to replace the pegs on my 83 1100A for floorboards. Any advice one way or the other? I though the floorboards would ease the strain on my ankles on ironbutt rides.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I find the floor boards great once you are in OD and all the shifting and braking is done. But most of my driving in the week is city, Highway, and I just can't seem to get the grove of the shifting, I can't fit my toe on the toe part so I lift up on the heel part with the heel of my boot. And the brake just doesn't seem to work as well with the limited travel. But then that could just be my size 12 clown feet getting in the way.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
I find the floor boards great once you are in OD and all the shifting and braking is done. But most of my driving in the week is city, Highway, and I just can't seem to get the grove of the shifting, I can't fit my toe on the toe part so I lift up on the heel part with the heel of my boot. And the brake just doesn't seem to work as well with the limited travel. But then that could just be my size 12 clown feet getting in the way.

I had the same problem riding my buddies 1100I that had the floor boards...I figured it was my size 13 skis making it a PIA and now I am not the only one that thinks this:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

brandonscaldwell wrote:
I am looking to replace the pegs on my 83 1100A for floorboards. Any advice one way or the other? I though the floorboards would ease the strain on my ankles on ironbutt rides.
I thoroughly enjoy the floorboards. First time I have ever used them and I adapted right away. VERY COMFORTABLE FOR LONG TRIPS. I believe it gives me about 50 more foot position possibilities.

As to shifting, I actually like the heel toe as I am one of those who likes my shoes to shine.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Brojees, now maybe I am doing it wrong, do you keep your toe on the front and the heal on the back at the same time, and rock back and forth? Or do you do like I do, pivotwith your heel on the board to get the toe shifter and pivot your toe on the board to get the heel on the shifter?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

That was the first thing I did when I got my Aspencade....took off those floorboards and that chinese torture device called a heel toe shifter :D

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

That's the way I do it Goldwinger. It would be really uncomfortable to keep your entire foot on the shifter....my ankles don't want to move that way. Too much travel for that.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I have floor boards etc. At first I hated them now however I am used to them and would NOT change them back.

Yes you do lift your foot to change/brake, yes the famous clunky gearbox on the 1200 is even more so with a higher chance of mis change, and yes I live in a city that has LOTS of traffic.

On a long trip they are very comfortable, and since his is what the bike is actually built for then????

Andrew

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I agree with you completely Andrew, and have thought about it from that angle, unfortunately I can't afford 2 bikes one for the city and one for the highway, One of the reasons I have had Goldwings since 1982 is cuz they have such great city manners for such a large touring bike, and of course are unequaled on the highway. And I am at a point in my life where I only get 3-4 week holidays a year, which leaves a lot of weeks where I must get my biking fix just going to and from work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.