Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would think it would be a nice addition... There are many with skulls and things on them, but I like the solid black...

HERE

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Maybe even white to help keep the sun off. Interesting,,,,,,,, I'd like to hear some testimonials (spelling) also.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking of trying one of these. I have a fleece neck cover and a neoprene balaclava. The neck cover is nice, but not quite enough cover for real cold riding. The balaclava makes my helmet a bit tight on the top, and it tends to fog the shield more. This might work better with the nose holes. The price is cheap enough it's worth a try.

John

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Yes, I have and use one of those. It does a very good job of keeping my face warm with an open face helmet.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Yes, I have and use one of those. It does a very good job of keeping my face warm with an open face helmet.
ditto

had to modify mine a bit so that it fit my face better and to allow better breathing/warm air escape.

All of the ones I've seen with graphics are reversible, with a solid color on the other side; minehas a skeleton graphic, and I wore it with that side out on halloween!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I have used them for a while in the military they work great when you are a gunner sitting on top of a vechile in cold weather. I also have used them on my wing with my half helmet it does work good.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have used one from time to time, depends on the weather of course, not a lot of use here, I have a spider web design on mine. Maybe that is why I bought it in the first place.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

I have one, I use it anytime it gets around 45 degrees and it works great, I have even used it all the way down to 22 degrees.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Anyone remember the old "Apple Warmer"?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Most of the riders I ride with in the PGR have them and they work well for them.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I used to have one , works well in extreme cold , My dog ate it .

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I have one that I used when it got cold outside (i.e. -30 or below) and I was out skiing or something, but never tried it on the motorcycle. I have a full-face helmet, so no real need for it - I do have a very warm neck-warmer thing I got from some online motorcycle shop that you pull around your neck before you put your helmet on, and makes a HUGE difference when it starts getting cool out.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Yes, as a matter of fact, I own the clown mask. It works, but is not for a closed-face helmet if you wear any type of glasses. They fog up as soon as I breathe once I fasten my mask. Same for any face shield that isn't fog-resistant. At least that's been by experience with it. It's great with a shorty helmet, helmetless, or with my flip-front with the front open.

One thing that I DO use in cool or cold weather is a Buff. http://www.planetbuff.com It has some of the same problems that the mask has, but it's advantage is that it can be worn in so many ways that you can almost always find a way that the buff will work for you. The buff is all I use even when riding my Ninja in 40 degreee weather between my riding jacket and my helmet. It works for me! :action:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I lost mine , wanted to get another one but think i will start using full face in the winter.

It did a great job at blocking the wind but always had a prob fogging up my glasses.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

We have two sorts, one similar to the one pictured that is baically a tube that can be worn either just around the neck or brought up over the face, but also another wooley sort that had a flap that hangs down at the front and back helping to seal out draughts and keep chest and back warm. It is very verstile and can be worn in various ways from a head warmer sort of hat to a scalf with head cover.

this is the wooley one.......

http://tinyurl.com/colvjp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.