Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
For some reason I also show what appears to be moisture and I do know Weather Underground pulls radar from the NWS and there is a NWS radar station about 8 miles west of my house. And like your image shows, it looks like some moisture is in the air around the radar station the image is pulled from.

Me thinks I'm going to download MyRadar today

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
When I look at MyRadar in real time, and not trying to capture a Screenshot,
it is depicting exactly the same thing as Raindar.

But, because MyRadar is constantly rotating through 5 screenshots rapidly, I am unable to capture an image depicting the rain drops as clearly as Raindar is doing.

It appears to me, that Raindar is just showing a Static Display of where the Rain is Right Now.... and that is a good thing.

MyRadar shows where it was, and is now, and will predict where it is going to.

If you have both of these apps loaded, you likely will have all you need.

Add in my other two Wx apps and you have the whole encyclopedia of Wx Info.

TheWxChannel and WxUnderground

The great thing about all of this is, the vast variety of information that we can have at our fingertips.

We are not restricted to only "one app" because some gov'mint official declared that is the only thing we are allowed to use.

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
For some reason I also show what appears to be moisture and I do know Weather Underground pulls radar from the NWS and there is a NWS radar station about 8 miles west of my house. And like your image shows, it looks like some moisture is in the air around the radar station the image is pulled from.

Me thinks I'm going to download MyRadar today
I think the more info we have, the better prepared we are to make decisions.

As I mentioned in the post linked to below, I am able to watch a Tornado Cell as it tramples across the areas around me, and compare what I see to what is on Local TV Weather maps..... and then "Oops!!!" the TV just disappeared, right when we need it the worst!!!

The heavy storm clouds have shut down the TV signals, poof! all gone.....

and we are left in the dark, literally....

Except, my cellphones are still alive, and still working on the Wx maps with the Wx Apps that i have loaded up.... that is because my Internet WiFi is underground and buried against the storm clouds.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/648945-anyone-else-use-weather-underground.html#post5307921

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
All of these Wx Apps have Pinch & Zoom available.

that is very important to me.

I can zoom out 3 states away and look to see what is going to hit me in the next 3 to 5 hours.
that has allowed me to get outside and prepare for a lot of heavy assed storms....

IE, gotta get that grass mowed "right now' or it will be two feet tall before it is dry enough again to use the lawn tractor.

We don't watch the Local TV news, just too much drama that I don't care for, too many thugs ruining other people's lives.... we capture everything we want on the DTV recorders and then we view them at our leisure and zip thru the commercials with Fast Forward.

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I figured out what happened with WU. The change is now I have to click on "10 day" forecast to get the screen I used to have where before it came up when I opened the link.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
I figured out what happened with WU. The change is now I have to click on "10 day" forecast to get the screen I used to have where before it came up when I opened the link.

Dave,
what I do to make things happen like I want, is to get to the page you want,
IE, for you, the 10 day forecast.

Then I make a Bookmark while on that page...
I nearly always access my websites through my Bookmarks, very seldom do I do it through the keyboard and the URL line. that just takes you to a home page, and programmers are changing Home Pages about every 15 minutes.

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dave,
what I do to make things happen like I want, is to get to the page you want,
IE, for you, the 10 day forecast.

Then I make a Bookmark while on that page...
I nearly always access my websites through my Bookmarks, very seldom do I do it through the keyboard and the URL line. that just takes you to a home page, and programmers are changing Home Pages about every 15 minutes.
Yes, I access most things by bookmark also. I'm not very bright but that I have figured out.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.