Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, I'm working a custom build on my 86 'Wing and the next order of business is the Audio system. I will be placing 1 10" Kenwood Subwoofer in each hard bag, mounted in the inside closest to the bike facing out. Both subs will be completely encased in the saddle bag, with 6x9's secured to the lids (facing out, obviously)

My question is are the saddlebags durable enough to support ten pounds of weight bolted onto it, or will I have to reinforce it?

Has anyone attempted anything similar on a custom project?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

If you use largefender washers with the sub-woofer bolts,the ABS will probably hold just fine. I alsoknow the owners manual has a very low weight rating for the bags, but I know from personal experience they will hold much more weight than advertised, with no adverse effects.

I also want to welcome you to the forum, from another Puget Sounder. :waving: Would be happy to meet up and ride or just have a soda sometime. :action:

John

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, did the large washers with some 8 inchers on a road glide. I was planning to do the same, but those bags were a bit sturdier. Maybe some sort of plywood cradle to help support the weight of the coil...

Back to the drawing board!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.