Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Anyone have a 1983 Aspencade OEM Left Side Head Gasket they would like to sell? (Like if you are sitting on the bike, on the shifter side) The one I got from my cousin is flat, smoothe metal, and it does not look like a normal head gasket. I am not too sure of this one. Never seen a flat head gasket before. Also, if you have the Oil Orifice seal, and valve cover seal, Please add that. I may have to go in a little deeper after I do a Compression Test. I do believe I may not have to, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you have any of these, or all, please PM Me.
Thanks,
God Bless,
David Aka Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

honda dealer had them a couple of years ago. cheaper to buy the kit tho........either a or b.....my memory lets me forget which

mark:waving:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

They are ambidextrous, also. The OEM was available, at around $50./per. If you just need one, and don't have any use for the whole set, buy a single. I think the set was around $110.
If ya needed 2, the kit is a better deal, cause for a few extra bucks, you got a lot of spares

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

David, better hurry up and get it back together. I just mailed a set of the carb sync gauges to nightwizard40. He should have them by Tuesday and maybe set up a sync party for all those in Alabama to get their carbs done.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Mike,
I found out my neighbor has a set.
Thanks for the info though!
Sincerely,
David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I ordered the OEM Gaskets I needed from out local Mother Honda Shop. They gave me no problem. When I took the head off though, I noticed the oil orifice gasket was nearly destroyed. Really devasted is the exact phrase. (between the 2 end dowells)
Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.