Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Im ordering my Dunlop 491's and was down looking at my sons bike, 99 Honda Shadow 750Ace. He picked up a nail last summer in the rear tire, (Continental) and I did a plug in it which is still holding fine, but I don't like plugs in my tires, and I hate plugs in my kids tire......

So I was thinking of getting him another Continental tire. Then I looked at his front tire which is a Dunlop 404 and it looks like it's getting down there a little bit... But Continental does not have a front tire to match his rear. Dunlop K555 has a set that matches front to back (front is tubed) but I know nothing about the K555, are they any good??

Front is 120/90 - 17 (64S) and is tubed due to spoked rim. Rear is 170/80 - 15

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

jobe05, I can't speak for that specific tire but I have use several different series or models of Dunlop tires and all of them have given me good service. Hopefully someone will chime in that has experience with that specific tire.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

I believe I had a 555 on my 1100 Shadow Spirit when I first got it. I thought it was ok enough until I put on Metzeler ME880's and the bike was a lot better for it, better handling on gravel, grated bridges and grooved asphalt and wet, plus they gave me a lot of miles and handled well right up to when I replaced them with another Metzeler. Not sure they have them for yours or not but may be an option. They cost a little more up front but the tread life I think well makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
imported post

I have used the K555 on my VTX 1300S and have had no issues with them. I usually get about 10k miles out of a pair. I currently have about 40k miles on the bike and amon my 4th set (the last set being WWW's).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.