Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a GL1500 with about 90K on the clock. I need to replace the belts, plugs, and antifreeze. I'm wondering whether I should go ahead and replace the tensioners, as well.

I don't have much in the way of tools, I don't have a lift. I really cannot afford to pay the shop to do this at this time, but I'm afraid if I keep riding it, I'll lunch the engine soon.

Is there anyone in the Oklahoma City area who is set up to help me? I'm afraid to try this myself, since there is so much to go wrong if I don't do it right.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

If you were near Albuquerque I'd help you. Timing belts are not that hard, but they have to be done right. Probably spend more time taking the plastic off than changing the belts.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

dingdong lives in Okie City.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,178 Posts
imported post

I was raised in Okie City, that help? :action:

I'm sure you can find some help if you are patient and keep looking. Try PMing folks listed near you and see if one of them is willing to lend you a hand.

A little trick for you. Mouse over Oklahoma City in your post under your name.
Click on that, and you will get a list of forum members who listed their location as Oklahoma City.

When I did that, I came up with this list:

77Winger 18
Al H 6
dingdong 307
Diver9543 1
DRBandit 1
kingjames 5
Okiebryan 160
rob067 18

77Winger and DingDong have been posting lately, so a good chance of one of them seeing this.

But, why not do some PMing to all on the list and give them a link to this thread? You just might strike up a new found friendship and some help.

Can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

Okiebryan you have a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Okiebryan, if Dingdong helps you ask to see pics of "Old Yeller, really beautiful GL1000.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

Hi OkieBryon, I would be happy to help you out with all that stuff you need done but... one little glitch, I live in the Tulsa area. Now if you wanna email me perhaps we can line up our schedules and you can take a leisurely 2 hour ride over her to T Town and we can knock it all out. Shoot me and email to [email protected] and we can work out our schedules.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Okiebryan PM sent. We'll get it together for ya.:cool:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks, everyone for the responses. I will get in touch with the OKC members who have offered to help, perhaps we'll all get together and have a little maintenance party! :)

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

Okiebryan wrote:
Thanks, everyone for the responses. I will get in touch with the OKC members who have offered to help, perhaps we'll all get together and have a little maintenance party! :)
Tupperware party!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.