Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It was my first bike, a 1969 Z50A. Within the next couple years I would like to find one in someones barn and start rebuilding it for my sons-

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

http://www.hondaminitrail.com/z50.html

You may try here. This company says the have reprodutions of the originals. Pictures look neat. I had a 69 that was new. Brother/in/law of older sister worked at a Chrysler dealership that also sold Honda motorcycles. Got my dad one for me wholesale. I am thinking it was 3 or 4 hundred bucks that way. Wish I still had it and a lot of other bikes from those days.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Good site and thank you. Was really hoping to find an old one and rebuild it myself costing much more and many more headaches!

Mine was the blue one and had a battery. Remember throwing a 70cc jug and piston on it at one point which gave it more power but threw the motor way off balance. I loved that bike!

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Mine also blue. I just wished it would have had a speedometer. There is no telling how many thousand miles mine had. Did not have many close friends at that age. So I just rode the bike.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I think lots of us had one or rode the kids next door . Now ( at least before the economic turndown ) some of us are/were financially able to relive some of our youth so we search out what we had as kids. I have been looking at Schwinn Stingrays, heck some of the nice ones I've seen cost as much as GL1000s .Nope I havent bought one (yet ):cheeky1: lol . Thats my story and I am stickin with it

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Does it have to be a Z50? I started on a 1966 Honda Trail 90 it's still sitting in my Dad's shed works and runs like a top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.