Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I live here in Wichita, Kansas and just wondered who, if anyonewas keeping up with the B.T.K. Serial Killer storyand where you are from.

Just incase you have not heard, he was sentanced just a few minutes ago to 175 years in prison without the possibility of parole.

I have kind of wondered if anyone from around the world has heard of this and has been following it. It is a very big story in Wichita as well asthe whole state and quite possibly most of the U.S. I know that CNN and Court TV have been covering this almost daily.

As I said, I live in Wichita and have most of my 38 years on this Earth. I remember as a young boy, the terror this guy posed to the community. We all were very careful to lock the doors and when you came home after being out, the first thing you did was check your phone (he always cut his victums phone lines) and make sure it was working. It was pure hell just wondering who was next and when. Finally, after 30+ years, it is over.

Please let me know if you have heard of this, if you are keeping up with it and where you are from. I am just curious as to how big the story really is and how far it has reached.

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I have been keeping an eye on this case... Guys like him just amaze me.... What makes them do this sorta stuff.. I feel bad for the victims and their families and the town..but I would love to talk to this guy...

I live up in Iowa on the Ia, Ill, Wisc border:cool:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I've been following it. The thing I find most frustrating is the complete and total lack of remorse, and the fact that he can so nochalantly recount the details of the slayings. His conversation with the 11 year old girl before he killed her is especially painful.

One part of me wants to be locked in a small room with this monster for 30 minutes or so...just me, him, and about three feet of rubber hose. However, the civilized, rational part of me realizes that laying a beating on him might make me feel better for a little while, but lowering myself to his level is not worth it. JMHO for what it's worth.

TDS

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Watch him twice on that hour long interview, Wow! No remorse , no conscience!

I believe he's telling the truth when he says he's "possesed by Demons"!

I feel sorry also for his children , now they are scared for life too!

Listen to a guy who wrote a book after interviewing all the top " Serial Kiilers " in the world and he said they ALL emitted a strange "Oder" real strong, he thinks it's due to a Chemical Imbalence in their system, which i'm sure they have, no excuse though!

He said the one the reeked with Evil was "Richard Rameriz" The night stalker!That's fuuny because when I saw you are from there a while back "BTK" flashed in my mind!

By the way , I thought "BTK" was some sort of "Burger king Killer" Ha, had to lighten it up !:goofygrin::baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Our local stations here started continuous coverage at 8:25 in the am on Wednesday the 17th and continued until almost 7 pm that evening. They did break for 30 minutes while court was at lunch. Today, they started continuous coverage at 8:25 am and broke at 12:00 pm for lunch break. They went back into coverage at 12:55 pm and stayed in continuous coverage until around 5:30 pm. Got to see all the victim's family statements. All I can say is wow! What hurt they all feel.

It was really amazing to me how it affected Dennis Raider when the families got up and left the court room once he had his chance to talk. What a bunch of rubbish he spouted out. Comparing himself to his victims, (he liked dogs, I liked dogs / she liked to draw, I like to draw / she liked gardening, I liked gardening) what a weirdo.Then his thanking everyonelike he was accepting some sort of award. This is the strangest individual I have ever seen. So glad that he will never see the outside of the prison system ever again.

All in all, the people that I feel most sorry for is his family. His wife was married to this monster all these years and never knew. His kids, don't even get me started. He demanded in court that his wallet be returned to him so that he could retrieve pictures (his family) from it. What? His family abandoned him. His wife got an emergency divorce and went into hiding. Why the hell would anyone want to associate with this thing?

I am just so thankful that it is over. 30+ years of terror now solved and put away. Thank God.

I am still waiting to hear from abroad. Has anyone from the other side of the waters heard of this or been following?

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Followed it pretty close read the book ADT seems to be dodging a bullet as this guy was working for them as he was doing his thing for some of the time Not exactly a great endorsement for a security Company

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It came out today that while he was working for the Cencus Bureau he stalked a woman in Northern Kansas and even went as faras digging a grave for her. This would have been his 11th. It never worked out. He also stalked people while he was performing his job as a Compliance Officer. He would drive around all day doing his job and also looking for and following potential victims.

I was shocked at the pictures (self photos) they showed today of himself laying in a grave and also pictures of himself tied up in bondage while wearing womens clothing and a mask with red lips.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

You know I would love just five minutes alone with Dennis....Forgive me Lord, but I believe even you would understand.

Hannibal Lecter in person.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well, I feel that prison is too light of sentence for this madman. I personally would like to see a public hanging for this monster, with the ability to be able to beat on him a little on the way to the noose. JMHO.:(

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Did he ride a Goldwing?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I find the sentencing of serial killers to be a bit odd. In Washington a few years ago, they sentenced the Green River Killer to a very long prison sentence because he agreed to show the police where all the bodies were. I find it funny that if you kill 1 person, you tend to get the death penalty. If you kill a bunch of people, you just sit in jail...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.