Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to put together a '89 GL1500 ,parts in many boxes...yep its a challeng...much help, Thanks!!
ge

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
this one is a MicroSwitch, as to whether it was a side stand, or foot brake, clutch lever, or brake lever, I don't know.

The name OMRON tells us immediately that it is a switch, and the Push Button clicking does the same.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
the other part is a Diode Pack, and I have no clue what it is for.

·
It aint rocket science
3,905 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing those parts on a 1500.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The first ones are ignition modules for an 1100,you can mail them to me if you don't use them.lol

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,749 Posts
I agree , picture two is a spark mudule . I don't recall the 1500 uses that. The switch could be mounted at the brake or clutch lever .

·
Registered
670 Posts
The second picture is a spark igniter and is probably for a 1200. I mention this because the earlier models use a five wire spark igniter instead of a four wire.

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
The second picture is a spark igniter and is probably for a 1200. I mention this because the earlier models use a five wire spark igniter instead of a four wire.
It is the same thing as an 1100 spark unit but the wiring is longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome ,good to know its not for the 1500.. this is what happens when you buy a bike in boxes,LOL... anyone needs them i would be happy to send. thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts