Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm pretty close to buying a used 2006 but the passenger boards/leg positioning for my wife isn't quite right. Is there a way to move the passenger boards down and forward some? Or maybe some passenger highway pegs that are down and forward? Everything I've found so far would move her feet up.

Cheers,

Kerry

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,588 Posts
imported post

A long time ago, someone made some forward passenger foot pegs, for the GL15, I think. I don't think they were very successful, but if you can do some kind of search of "Wing World" advertising you may find them.
You could make, or have made, some brackets that relocate the boards, if you think it's that big a deal.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

Isn't lowering the boards going to reduce your clearance and therefore impact your ability to corner ?

May sound stupid by why not stick a cushion under her backside or permanently raise her seat - i.e. get a the seat modified?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Kerry, I just went out and looked at mine. I don't think you can go down without moving the boards out to clear the muffler (could create some discomfort after on longer rides). There is room to move forward but remember your legs will be there also. You will have to make or have madesome custom brackets to do either.

Have both of you ridden the 1800? My wife didn't like the way the backrest caused her to lean back. We had to remove the foam from the butt buffer and add some to the backrest so she could sit up more straight.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

My wife (tall girl that she is) likes to place her feet upon the rear edge of the drivers boards as an option to stretch her legs on a long trip.

Naturally you need to be sure she can raise up off the seat before hitting a bump, plus push forward with her toes before/during heavy braking. Can she still do this with any modification to the boards?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.