Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am installing some new risers on my wife's Shadow and I need to buy longer clutch and throttle cables. Barnett seems to be the only manufacturer I can find who will do custom length cables. Has anyone used these and how is the quality?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Did you try re-routing the cables first? Worked on my old 76 750A.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The risers take the handlebars up 3 inches from original height and back 1 1/2 inches. It seems to be the worst possible place. The cables are not long enough to go around the outside of the forks where they should go. If I put them on the inside it is nearly kinked and the throttle cables are bent just enough to be stiff and the throttle won't return on it's own. I think my best bet is to replace with the custom length. You can order the cables in 2 inch increments from the standard cable. The only down side is the 3 to 4 weeks delivery time, however, it is winter up here now.:(

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, that sucks for sure. The risers I had on that bike was an 1 inch up and 1 inch back offset.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

My wife can ride it fine on the road but those sharp turns going into and out of parking spaces are difficult. Those little short arms are strectched to the max and she still can't get the bars all the way over. I'm hoping the rise and backset will help. After I get all this done will be about the time she will want a new bike.:shock: She's already eyeballing the VTX1300's.:action: She sat on the one that was at Calhoun at the ranch and she could actually flat foot on it. If I go through all this work I'll have to make her keep it for another year. Maybe a new bike for her forNASSIR 3.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I have Barnett cables on one of my Triumphs and still have a set of their mini cables on my Tohatsu. They seem to work ok on the Triumph and if you've ever worked a TR's clutch or front dual leading brake, you'll know it's no easy task.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.