Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello,

Just curious if anyone here are running car tires ,either front or rear on their Wing? If so could you post what your thoughts are on running this combination. After looking at tire prices on on line tire dealers ,it appears the cost difference between car tire and M/C tire would be almost nill. Just curios how the car tires ride/drive,etc. Also stupid question in regards to M/C tires. Can the Wing run on flat tire( I mean to say creep to a gas station) if you incured a flat out on the road? Or will they pop off the bead as soon as they are flat,hence,, stop!

Thanks,
Barry

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

If you doa search you will find several lengthy "Discussions" on the topic. To my knowledge it is only possible with the 1800 model and there are extremely varied opinions on the subject. Proceed with caution and keep an open mind.

Flat tire? Fix it or tow it. IMO.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I have had two E-3's go flat on me and was able to limp to a place where I could plug it and get air. These were both back tires. Bike will not lean so you have to steer it. Will never run an E-3 again. No object in tire, it just split right up the middle.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

The slit was about 1 1/2 inch in lenght and narrowed as it went deeper into the tire allowing me to plug it. But when took off wheel nothing inside of tire.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Car tires are known as "Darkside" - do your searches with that term and you'll unleash a fountain of opinion and varying experiences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.