Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,149 Posts
imported post

Been a while, but someone posted that I think in the Fun Forum.

Kind of makes you want to wash out your skivvies.

·
Administrator
26,533 Posts
imported post

Well, there are some of us that have been closer than that.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

never on a bike have i encounterd the treachours deer

but on the farm ive had them jump on the hood of my pickup at 55mph and then jump off

heck one time i hit one with the same truck god i miss that thing, it flipped in the air landed in the bed broken legs floppin around like a fish outta water, but when i owned that truck i carried a .410 in the truck so hey free deer meat i guess lol

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

my ex-girlfriends dad was going home one night on his HD V-Rod around 60 to 70 mph when a deer ran out , he thought he missed it but i looked over at his bike and there was hair in the back of the side panel ... now i call that lucky !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

I broke a deers back with my front tire, I wasn't hurt and neither was my bike! Thats about as close as you get.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Scariest part is that the guy in red didn't seem to notice the deer that just ran 3 feet in front of him.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

MichiganWing wrote:
Scariest part is that the guy in red didn't seem to notice the deer that just ran 3 feet in front of him.
Yep, no brake lights, no nothing.

Also, the dear did NOT jump over the other bike. When they slow it down you can clearly see that the dear jumped over where the bike WAS, but by the time the dear was there the bike had passed.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

While cruising into Yellowstone a few years ago it was late and we were heading towards Madison camp Ground came around a corner and there standing in front of my Buddy was a very large Buffalo. No shoulder and narrow road. Went by him after my buddy locked them up and the old Buff didn't even seem to give a crap.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Buddy I was riding with years ago hit a Porcupine outside of Shaniko, Oregon. Late at night. Tire was screwed.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Living in N.E. Wisconsin we have lots of deer... hit one with my truck but never on my bike. Plenty of close calls though. I think cars are more of a hazard then deer on a bike. Still cant figure out how someone can look you in the eye and still pull out in front of you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.