Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An area farm store is selling 44" tool boxes BOTH upper and lower for less than they sold one piece. So we are heading out to see if we can snag a set. With the new shop (in works) I have been hinting I needed more tool boxes. I have a big Snap-On that is made to tow behind a pit buggy and it is stacked so I have to step on a foot stool to see in the top of it. I have a Craftsman 14 drawer bottom cabinet, my first tool box that was a 7 drawer one.

New techs have one drawer for one set of open end wrenches, one for boxed ends, one for open/boxed ends and so on. I have one big drawer that has those wrenches 4 inches deep.

So my Bride says that is my Christmas present. Now I have to find something of equal value for her. SET you know... Spousal Equity Tax. Usually means at minimum a value 50% more than we get.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
I'm going shooting and staying as far away from stores as possible. There is very little that they have that is really that discounted. And the frustration of dealing with the crowds is not worth the couple of dollars that are saved.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
To each his own, I did a Black Friday deal about 10 years ago........stood in line at oh dark thirty for a flat screen TV. I saw and experienced the most rudest people on earth! I waited my turn in line even with pushing and shoving only to be the next one served and find out they sold out of the TV. The lady in front of me got the last one. That was three hours of my life that I'll never get back!

That experience convinced me to never do that again!

Besides, a lot of you know me........I need my "beauty sleep"!!! LOL!!

·
Old School Guru
7,886 Posts
Nope, taking wife's car to local detail shop to have it cleaned up to maybe trade it in. While that is being done, will be stringing Christmas lights along my fence and porch. Might also clean the wing up a little. But definitely will not go by any "Black Friday Sales". The one present that I got for the wife last week, would only go down by $9 on BF. My time, sanity, gas, and patience is worth far more than $9 bucks. Besides, I still have turkey to finish off.:)
Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I am staying home and definitely away from the stores with one exception, I had to go the safelite to get my windshield replaced after a stone/bolt/nut almost went thru the windshield on Wednesday:lash:.
I now have a new windshield and sitting in my chair in a nice warm house. :raspberry:

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided not to go as the tool box was not as high priority as I needed to get up early. Well Mother Nature teamed up with my body and made it one of those very painful nights where nothing killed the pain. So I just got up and went shopping.

It was an experience. They had gun safes on sale and due to the size of both the gun safes and tool boxes you had to pay at the register and then drive around to the warehouse to get loaded. You could not believe the line of trucks, trailers and even some idiots in cars that thought they could get one of those 100 gun safes in the back of their cars.

I got out and noticed that they were loading tool boxes farther down the warehouse so I got dirty looks when I pulled out of the line and passed them all. When I got there there was a guy trying to load the tool box set into his car. They pushed and shoved and finally got the top box in the back seat but the bottom would no way fit into the trunk... Mine barely fit into the back of the van.

I got home, crawled back into bed and woke up at 10 a.m. My bride never noticed I was gone for 2 hours. Now she gets to help me unload the van. The look on her face will (WAS) be priceless. I just told her that I figured out that I could go visit my Mistress (LAUGH-CHUCKLE) for 2 hours and she would never know. Yeah Right!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
There is no way am I getting involved with the idiots out there shopping today. :ShakeHead:

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
I went shooting. Weather at the house was supposed to be showers off and on. And at the range was supposed to be sunny and nice. Guess what, they got those backwards. So, it was nice and dry at the house and I was outside shooting in the rain. Still ended up shooting a personal best in one event and a decent score in the other one.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Not a chance! One of the best things about being retired is you can avoid crowds. I'd rather pay more and avoid the herds.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

No, but I watched those idiots on the news tonight.

Shooting, stabbing, shoving, fists, stun gun, etc. etc.

You would think we were tribes living in a cave and fighting over some ungulate hind quarter !

·
Premium Member
59,024 Posts
It couldn't be cheap enough to get me out..

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Shopping between now and Christmas? Not without a tank and SWAT gear.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Didn't get to go shopping this year, and I usually just order online anyway. I spent over $6,400 having the full timing belt treatment, new motor mount , both rotors turned and a new transmission installed on the wife's Honda Odyssey van.

No Christmas presents for me this year....:sadguy:.

November and December are usually expensive months for me. Anniversary is Nov 18th, followed by Thanksgiving, then Black Friday and Cyber Monday, then the Wife's Birthday is Dec 7th, Christmas is Dec 25 and the Daughters Birthday is Dec 28th. All of this is followed by Tax time starting Jan 1'st...:lash:

Henry

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Agreed, once Christmas passes then it's time to worry about the damnable taxes. It used to be easy to plan and figure my income taxes but now living mostly on investments located in four states it sure can get complicated. I'm always wound up from January to April. What a pain collecting all the paper work the worst is 1099 forms coming late from several companies. Seems every year our CPA has to get tax delays which drag things into May.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.