Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Its just a thought but I was thinking of adding NOS as a "just in case" on my 1500. It plenty fast but a bit more would be nice now and then.

Anyone try NOS on a 1500? How did it work out for you?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

flw wrote:
Its just a thought but I was thinking of adding NOS as a "just in case" on my 1500. It plenty fast but a bit more would be nice now and then.

Anyone try NOS on a 1500? How did it work out for you?
I have heard of people (most Harley owners) adding a few NOS, Nips of Spirits:blackstuff:, for those "just in case" situations when the next bar on the circuit is closed. Yes, they are plenty fast (going down and how they can affect one's ride too!) and certainly a bit more would be nice now and then. If it's not overdone, I suppose it could work out okay, especially on those cold, damp days. It's already added into the gasoline we buy.

NOS:?Not Otherwise Specified
NOS

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm not looking for race level power just a bump up.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I looked a little bit at systems for my 1800. Gotta build most of it yourself. A dry system spraying on the temp sensor in the airbox seemed to be the ticket. That should fool the ECM into running richer.

In the end I decided that mine won't be the test mule. I don't want to break anything.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,768 Posts
imported post

NOS = New Old Stock.
Do you mean NO x? That's the racing blend of bottled nitrogen & oxygen.

Oops, looked it up and they are sometimes titled Nitros Oxide Systems.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

I would love to have a laughing gas injector on my trike, since it's so dad burned heavy, but like alot of you out there, I'm scared of braking something. Y'know, like pistons, rods, cranks, etc. I mean, after all, there's lotsa warnings about not putting a blower on 'em, so I can see that NOS might be detremental too.
Can't ya just see the heads flying off in each direction as you hear a horendis KA-BLAM!! :ROFL:
Mark, aka the gingerbreadman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.