Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seen these at Walmart. I thought of dropping one inside each glove it really gets cold. These may work real well with leather mitts. Only $1.00 for 6. They have larger ones 2 in a pack for a $1 too. The big ones may work ok in the inside pocket of your riding jacket. JR

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

In the last few weeks of cold weather I've seen a lot of the PGR riders using them and they seem to like them. Price is right for something that is a one time use item.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

we have used them on our trip to florida in nov.they work very well,wife had them wrapped in her scarf around her neck,had them in pockets,in boots,the temps on our 1200 mile trip from pennsylvania to florida was cold..in the 20's in mornings to upper 40's afternoon.didn't have any for return trip though.....

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

My wife has used them riding her bike. She says they are great. She buys them by the box at Menards.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I donated a couple of them at the last NASSIR auction, but had not tried them myself.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

My wife used them on occassion. She likes them. Now that I have a 'wing I can get her some plug ins.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

They work well. I keep them in my winter pack that stays in my vehicle all winter...along with food, folding shovel, fire starter, blanket, first aid kit etc.etc. When you travel over the mts. it is always good to be prepared.

·
Premium Member
63,018 Posts
imported post

My wife uses them all the time playing golf.. There's also one for your feet.. She said they work well also........

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I work outside all winter and find them really good. They can actually get too hot, uncomfortable but not a burn. They take about fifteen minute to start working but great after that. Good for most of the day.

You should note that they work better with mitts than gloves because they don't get down into the fingers of the gloves. Mitts don't work well with all the switches.

I've used them to warm up small parts on service calls as well.

If I go out today I may tape one to my nose. It's cold out up here. :snowman:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I bought a big box of them at Costco a few years ago and still have most of them left. For me they get uncomfortably hot in one spot while the rest of my hands (or chest or whatever) are still frozen. My favorite hand warming accessory is Hippo Hands.

Q

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Im in the military and we use those all the time. They do work great. I have the same pair of gloves that are in your pic so they will fit. one thing i will say is that you may get some that work to well and some that dont work at all and you have to move them around inside the glove to avoid hot spots.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i was told that the 8hr thermal patches for you back work real well. it was suggested to put one on the lower back another on the front mid-torso. keeps the organs warm,thus more blood can flow to the extremities.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I have used them as a police officer when I had to stand a post outside during the winter. I always keep a couple handy incase I got assigned to traffic control for a winter fire. I stick them inside my jacket and they work great.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Uhh, I turn on that little switch that says "Grip Heater". Works great. The rest of you should check that out...:D

DeDub :18white:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

JR, I've used them bowhunting a few times. Put them in my boots too, down near the toes & they will keep your feet nice & toasty. DeDub, how's things in Vilonia? I've been through there a few times on my way to my uncles place in Conway. Next time I'll look you up for a cup & a chat.
Mel

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Uhh, I turn on that little switch that says "Grip Heater". Works great. The rest of you should check that out...:D

DeDub :18white:
grip heater on my wing not much good in 25 degree weather,top of my hands not gettin any heat

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

My wife uses them hands and feet. She starts getting cold in the low 70s while riding and the seat/backrest hear comes on full blast. I've seen her use those at 50 and below. She likes them. I can't say for sure - I was wearing mesh gloves at 32F this morning - so what do I know :doh:.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Always used them during deer season. biggest drawback has to be managing hot spots in the gloves. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

they also make heated insoles, i have Gerbings heated socks but prefer to use the heated insoles just because they are less hassel, $2 for a pair when they are on sale at Fleet Farm

if your camping where its cold the bigger warmers work great in a sleeping bag, if i throw one or 2 in the bag down by my feet i sleep GREAT

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

We get those Hothands in the camping shops here and they are really great. We slip them into gloves and the heat lasts for hours. I didn't know they could be had as insoles as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.