Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The weather should be good this weekend, so I plan on getting a few miles in..

This route is paved the whole way, but in the hills. 160-170 miles round trip from Cottage Grove to Cottage Grove.

I would love to have some company!

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I wish I could make it Dick. We're doing Merrill east of K. Falls, for the potato festival. But have fun, and watch for dem dare deers !!! :)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Man, it's tempting..... but it would be at least 200 miles from Ellensburg, Wa, to Bend, and then I ain't quite there yet (to Blue River).... but, it's tempting..... real tempting!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Man, it's tempting..... but it would be at least 200 miles from Ellensburg, Wa, to Bend, and then I ain't quite there yet (to Blue River).... but, it's tempting..... real tempting!
Yeah, CJ, I know its along way. Maybe next summer you can come down, and stay with me for a long weekend. We can burn up the roads for a few days, and send you home a happy man!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The big guy gl1100 wrote:
to bad I so far way that is nice country for a fall ride!
Neil
note the twisties...:shock::goofygrin::weightlifter:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Maybe next Summer Bud. Can't do it right now. I am doing a short ride with the GWRRA tomorrow. Most likely will be a 100 miles or so with a lot of shoreline.:)

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hey, sometime...

I'll still go...

I will also take the camera...

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:

This route is paved the whole way, but in the hills. 160-170 miles round trip from Cottage Grove to Cottage Grove.

Pick me me me :cool::cool:Oh wait that is in cottage grove ,Oregon ? Ah no, sorry I thought it was here in Wexford :D

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Looks like alot of fun. It's a shame that it's so far away.

Even at 100mph I couldn't be there before you left.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

Man.....the wife and I would LOVE to. But we are up here in Washington. We are thinking about taking her out today for a good run. We will however be moving to Oregon this summer so hopefully next season I can get together with you people in Oregon.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

rubber side down wrote:
Man.....the wife and I would LOVE to. But we are up here in Washington. We are thinking about taking her out today for a good run. We will however be moving to Oregon this summer so hopefully next season I can get together with you people in Oregon.
Hey, I would love to meet you and ride with you! We have some good people from oregon (as we do in washington, too) as members here.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

wexy wrote:
UBarW wrote:

Pick me me me :cool::cool:Oh wait that is in cottage grove ,Oregon ? Ah no, sorry I thought it was here in Wexford :D

Hey Ciaran, if you can get here, I will cover your fuel, your meals, and your hotels.

One day only though;):cooldj:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
wexy wrote:
UBarW wrote:

Hey Ciaran, if you can get here, I will cover your fuel, your meals, and your hotels.

One day only though;):cooldj:
Thats an offer I might take you up on .... :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I wish I was closer to Oregon. Went on a ride down the southern tier of NY and into Pennsylvania in 45 deg weather on Friday. Would you believe I rode 275 miles round trip for a Texas hot and a piece of homemade apple pie?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

Wow. Would I love to make it, but alas we can't. We can't even go on the Merrill run today. Money is a bit of a pinch right now and we have to watch our gas usage quite closely. Not complaining...just the facts and the times we are in. We will probably take about a 75 mile ride today just to get out. We are familiar with the route you are taking though. Have fun. Perhaps next year we can make a run up there and take a scoot with you. We have some friends in Cottage Grove we need to see...up on Taylor Butte Road.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

If you ever pass through here, or come visit, you should pm me in advance. I would like to meet you!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:

Hey Dick,

Did you get your ride done ok? I would have loved to done that with you, always been one of my favorite rides. I had a prior commitment to help some friends out in Yachats. Jim went with me and we had a great 225 mile ride down and back. Hardly any wind on the coast and just warm sun to greet us. We had plenty of twisties too but they really need to fix Rt.126 right one of these days. Most of the summer traffic is gone now so that made the trip better also. Let me know if you want company on the next one and I'll do the same. Ride Safe, Wayne

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.