Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I'm a little hazy on this, haven't had to do it since I sold my CB750.

I think the vacuum measurement point on Wings is between the engine and carburetor, so there is a lot of vacuum, usually too much for a simple manometer.

Some bikes, the CB750 is one, measure a vacuum on the atmospheric side of the throttle plate/slide, this differential is small enough to be measured with a manometer. I suppose they are measuring the pressure drop in the venturi.

If I am wrong then I dare say someone will be along soon enough with the straight goods.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

A unit like this is much better. No worries about sucking the fluid out if you unhook one carb and leave another hooked up while the bike is running. No worries about sticking it in your trunk and taking it to a work day. Or lending it to a friend. No fluid worries. Kithttp://www.carbtune.com/earplugs.html
On the site click on carbtune. Guess they want to sell earplugs as it shows up instead of the carbtune unit.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
A unit like this is much better. No worries about sucking the fluid out if you unhook one carb and leave another hooked up while the bike is running. No worries about sticking it in your trunk and taking it to a work day. Or lending it to a friend. No fluid worries. Kithttp://www.carbtune.com/earplugs.html
On the site click on carbtune. Guess they want to sell earplugs as it shows up instead of the carbtune unit.
Do you own one of these, and/or have you ever used one on a GoldWing ??

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

I've never used one myself,but some of thecrowd on NakedGoldWings.com seem to think pretty highly of them...

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I have used merc sticks. It is the same tool except with a different fluid. This is an excellant tool.and a must for wing carb sync as you can review in RANDAKKs pages

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.