Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I see that these tires are much less than the Dunlop E3's I've run the last 3 times. I get about 19-21000 miles out of the E-3's but my budget is a lot less these days. Has any one tried these?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

I`m not running the k673 but i am running the kenda kruz so far they have been great....the k673 are built for lighter crusiers..the kruz is built for heavier bikes...have 3k on the wing and 12k on the crusier and they are doing good. i would buy another set.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

The Kenda k673 Kruz is for the heavy cruiser/touring market and the Kenda k671 is for the sport/light cruiser market. Coolhaven please check your tires and let us know what ya got I am curious as to which model you are running and if they are worth buying thanks Nipe

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

i tried four of the kruz tires, two sets on a gl1200. i had problems with three out of the four. i just took the last tire off, no more for me. regards walkabout :)

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

A few 1200 owners here bought them after reading good reports on the web. But none of them had good experience. Shite grip in rain and the gravelly and rough roads tear lumps out of the rubber.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I ride a 2000 year model GL1500.

I put on kenda kruz set last spring. Front tire started showing lumps all the way around the tire at 5 - 6 thousand miles and looked like the plys were seperating. Bought another kenda front tire in early last fall, 'cuz I thought maybe I wasn't diligent enough in watching the pressure. I just replaced that (2nd) front again.....it did the same thing. Had knots all the way around the tire the size of 1/2 dollars and appeared the tire was seperating. This tire, I was very religious at keeping the correct pressure of 40 lbs in it.
The rear tire was kinda ok. It went 14000 miles but started throwing chunks of rubber the size of nickles off in a few places. Had cracks in between the treads too. Even though it was due for change, I feel it should have not thrown rubber chunks. None of my dunflops ever done that, even running almost bald. This last week, I put on a set of bridgestone 701 and 702 exedras to see how they are.

In a nut shell........ In 14000 miles I went thru 2 front tires and 1 rear. Very poor performance. Will never buy Kendas again.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

the problems i had were the same as Dancinbear, air pockets, lumps in the front tires, splits in the rubber in the tread grooves deep enough to see the fabric inside the tire on the rear. these tires need taken off the market. walkabout:stumped:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks to all. I will probably go back to a Dunlop E3. Has anyone used a Metzler ME880 on the front?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.